Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Honey Badger Pizza

Lead the kind of life that ignites passion, love, humility, and righteousness; then, let others light their candles fom it. ~Miss Dottie

March 25, 2014

Dear God,

Albeit a little chilly, it looks like we're in for a sunny day. My furry kids are laying on the floor in front of the french doors of the cottage sunning themselves. They are cleaning each other's eyes and washing their feet ~ reminds me of cats I've had in years past. I have some beautiful El Divo music playing and am feeling the peacefulness of the moment. Thank you for the gift of living another day.

When my daughter and granddaughter arrived from Florida, I picked them up at the airport and we spent that Thursday night at my oldest daughter Jill's home. We did some shopping at Firewheel Mall and Jill and Glen took us all out for pizza. Being the adventurous person I am, I decided to be brave and try the Honey Badger Pizza. It sounded lethal but omg, what a wonderful melding of ingredients ~ fresh mozzarella, hot soppressata, basil, and house-made habanero honey. It was sweet AND spicy ~ believe me, I couldn't stop at one slice!!

Sweet AND spicy! (Giggle) That's how I like my life! Or, maybe that describes me? People, in general, have always called me a sweet person. Gosh, why not, I was afraid of making waves and standing up for myself. What I've learned is that I was a doormat for those with dirty feet. I would have done better to be a little more spicy. Oh, I know, wisdom takes time to develop and the past is gone forever. Sooo, now I don't miss a moment to love, laugh, and try the new and different. Oh, don't worry, Lord, I remain in you and take careful care not to allow Satan to get a toe hold on me.

Father, I am so grateful for the small things in life. It's the small things that add up to big things ... one day at a time. To live in the moment is to savor and enjoy. I pray that all my Readers will open their eyes to a new day ~ new experiences ~ new found joy. I know it's tough 'cause some of my Readers are experiencing heavy challenges and loses. I do want to thank you for coming through for one of my Readers who needed Social Security Disability to survive. Pour out your storehouses of plenty for those in need, comfort those who mourn, and give hope to the downtrodden. I pray that my Readers will come to know you as I know you. It's not about religion. It's about having that personal relationship with you that fills the holes in our hearts!

Amen!

Miss Dottie

NOTE TO READERS: Life isn't fair. People hurt us, disappoint us; stock markets rise and fall; those in control make choices that affect us negatively; we get chronic illnesses; we deal with the bad choices of others hoping and praying they'd change; we experience burn-out; and, the list goes on and on. To wallow in self-pity, blame others, and live in hopelessness is a waste and to just take up space on earth is such a shame. You're gonna laugh but I got the biggest kick out of eating that Honey Badger Pizza and just letting go and getting caught up in the moment. Warts, bumps, and all we are Family ~ For Better or Worse. What is it that you're wanting to get up the nerve to try? I say: "Today's the day ~ go for it!!"








1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are beautiful. It makes me thankful for the little things - spending time with 3 generations of my family for an entire week!! I cannot remember the last time that my siblings and I were in the same room. The pizza was delicious, yet the camaraderie was even better!!

    XXOO~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete