Monday, March 3, 2014

March forward...

Lead the kind of life that ignites passion, love, humility, and righteousness; then, let others light their candles from it. ~Miss Dottie

March 3, 2014

Dear God,

Goooddd Mmmorning, LORD, it's Miss Dottie settling in for a chat!

My teeth were chattering as I rolled out of bed. I love sleeping in a cool to cold room but that jolt of ccccold was certainly eye opening. After some pretty awesome Spring warmth, we're reminded ... "Not yet." Looks like we will be contending with some slickery roads over the next couple days. Guess we are getting Spring's message ... "Not yet but soon!"

Will be a day to stay in and read A RED HERRING WITHOUT MUSTARD (a Flavia de Luce Novel) written by Alan Bradley. This is my third book I've read by this author ... fun plots, British humor, and a quick read. Can't beat a warm fire, candles flickering, some music, a good book, and cuddling up with the Fabulous 5 to create ambiance and serenity.  


While I am in one of my March Forward modes, I have been thinking about what to do with my hair. It is straight as a stick and has always been quite unmanageable. My mother started giving me "perms" when I was about three or four. Maybe that's what I need now?? Since I am not one to spend more than five minutes on hair, it's been a continual challenge. A few weeks ago, I decided to let it grow out thinking that I might enjoy a new "do." Since my neck surgery I've discovered that I have limited mobility in raising my arms to roll hair under on the back of my head. I wonder if physical therapy could help that?? I've been doing stretching but... If you have any ideas please pass them on in vision form.  You've been known to do that! Maybe my Readers have some ideas. I look at the phone when I was a tiny girl and laugh ... "Totally me!"

March marches forward like a lion with wind and temperatures attached to a yoyo string. There is that sense of "bursts" ~ wind, rain, new growth, and the promise of beautiful Aprils. I get caught up in that crest ready to ride the waves of the rest of the year. I started out 2014 with thoughts of REFRESH so it's time to look within and decide if I am on track. To be totally honest, my idea of writing things down in a notebook went by the wayside in a matter of just a few weeks. That being said, I have made progress in other areas so that's what I am concentrating on.


At this season of life, I am finding that I am hand selecting things that I enjoy and want to do. I was getting pretty stale in the performing arts arena and have been taking advantage of the programs put on by the Performing Arts at the college. Last Friday, my friend, Beverly, and I went to the sack lunch performance of the Brock McGuire Band from Ireland. It was so fun to forget the woes of the day and get totally caught up in the toe tapping sounds of old Ireland. Thank you, God, for the music handed down through the ages!

Hey Mom, I'm keeping an
eagle eye on those birds!
The sun is shining through the french doors of the cottage offering a welcome to the outdoors. The bird feeder is full ~ something the Cardinals, Bluejays, and little Wrens depend on ~ especially these cold days. Kennedy loves to sit on the end of the sofa watching them. Every now and then he chatters in this funny language that tickles my funny bone. Gotta love that Pom-Chi.

Lord God, I just checked my Audience Stats and found that I am getting a big following in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and, believe it or not, even the Ukraine.  Who would have suspected how far my blogs would travel when I began writing several years ago. Many times, I've wondered if I should hang it up but something inside of me says, "There may be one more person to reach for Christ." I don't really understand why we have these wonderful conversations and why I am led to write what I write but I trust You.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." ~Isaiah 41:10

This day, this moment in time, I pray for all of my Readers filling them with those words from Isaiah. No matter what is going on about them, I pray they will look to the heavens and see your face. Where there is strife, bloodshed, and unfairness, let there be hope. A single candle ... a single voice CAN make a difference. Move dear Father in Heaven, move mightily within the hearts of each person reading my blog. Allow them to share your word with others creating passion and righteousness.

Amen!

Miss Dottie

NOTE TO READERS: What fuels your passion? I would invite you to try something new today. Get out your bucket list and see if there is something that you could do today to make a dream a reality. One bit of advice, if God is the wind beneath your wings, you will soar!!!










1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that your blogs have reached far and wide!! I hope you continue writing because I look forward to reading them. It is a way for us to connect!!

    Love you~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete