Monday, March 10, 2014

I made you, and I will care for you



Lead the kind of life that ignites passion, love, humility, and righteousness; then, let others light their candles from it. ~Miss Dottie

March 9, 2014

Dear God,

Well hello there, Father. I've been looking forward to this time when we can chat about what's on our minds. What started out to be a rather overcast and rather foreboding looking morning has turned into a beautiful sunny day. So far I'm not minding the change in time ~ guess I just go with the flow.


Lord, I am so looking forward to my trip to Minnesota for my reunion at the end of the Summer. I've been contacting resorts and B&B's to see if there is someplace close to the lake where Zeke and I can settle in for a couple weeks. I just love listening to the sound of the waves dashing on the shore and the serenity of small town Minnesota. It's important for me to "go home" and reconnect with family and friends.


Last time I visited in 2011, I almost hated to go back to Texas. I had found a wonderful house close to the lake that would have been ideal for a summer home. But (I dislike that word), as it turned out, that was not to be. By the time my house sold in McKinney, the little turn of the century house had been sold to a very lucky family. You had other plans for me and I trust You know best.


Also, last time I visited, I did research on my paternal ancestry. It was so exciting to find newspaper articles and copies of pictures. Digging up information on my father's family was better than devouring a dish of vanilla ice cream with peanuts and chocolate! No kidding!! This time, I am going to travel to Stevens County and see what I can uncover about my mother's family. I have this thirst to know where I came from and embrace my ancestry.

At a time when worries about survival often overtake me, I need to remember that if I do my part, You will have the rest covered. This may be my last trip North so I am praying that it is in your will for me to go. As long as possible, I will keep moving forward and making plans.

"I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you." ~Isaiah 46:4

I was told that this
was a photo of my Grandma
Maggie in her 60's
Although my hair is now white, my mind is sharp, and I still think of myself as a vibrant spirit. I have You to thank for that. I remember my grandmothers and they always seemed to look ... well, to put it bluntly, m-a-t-r-o-n-l-y. My mother looked quite young until she quit work in her mid sixties then her world sort of closed in on her and she began to age quickly. Her passion was her work and as that ended, her spirit seemed to dim. I have been fortunate, the years have been kind and the availability of top notch doctors that have taken care of my feet and spine has allowed me to keep on going. I am grateful, so very grateful!!

God, you still there? You're awfully quiet. I'm excited about my plans and I'm hoping you're excited too. I know we never know for sure what the future holds yet, I think, it's important to always have something to look forward to when my feet hit the floor in the mornings.

The Fabulous 5 always cheer me up and give me purpose and I love caring for them. Yesterday, Kennedy had me in stitches. I went to get something from the closet and when I came back he was straddling the sofa looking outside. It was one of those special Kodak moments and I grabbed my camera. He has such a unique personality and very dry sense of humor. I keep cameras all over the place just trying to catch my furry kids doing something cute.

Today I want to pray for everyone who is making plans to attend family and class reunions in 2014. Family ~ For Better or Worse is important whether they are blood relations or friends. I pray that plans will be finalized and that connections will be filled with love, laughter, and kindness. I pray for safe travels and sunny days. So many of my family and friends have passed on; and, like so many others, I wonder when my own time here on earth will be no more. It's important to seize moments as they come appreciating others for who they are not what we've wanted them to be. You fill me with hope and I see myself covered with your blanket of protection and holding your purse of provision.

Amen!

Miss Dottie


NOTE TO READERS: Never let fear keep you from moving forward in life. Where is it that you want to go this year? When I think about making a bucket list, it is a simple one. Last year at this time, I was being led to adopt a (one) rescue dog (preferably a Pomeranian). It will be the one year milestone on April 28 that Kennedy (a 12 pound Pom-Chi) joined Seidler Dogdom. That decision has changed my world more than I could ever imagine. I have been blessed beyond blessed not only with Kennedy but also with friends made in the animal rescue world. This year, my dream is to head North enjoying time with family, friends, photo taking, blog writing, and being propelled into the world of my mother's heritage! Yay!!



No comments:

Post a Comment