Friday, January 16, 2015

Sooner or later truth is revealed

January 16, 2015

Dear Readers,


My desk
The past: love letters from my dad to my mom
The present: time
The future: The battle is the Lord's!
A rousing sunny Good Morning to y'all!! Welcome to my world. It's going to be a great day, I feel it in my bones!

Actually, my bones are pretty stiff and sore this morning due to the winter cold. The heat went out in the lil casa during the night and it didn't take long for the house to get pretty chilly! Thank goodness, the cottage has a fireplace ~ kept my furry kids and me snug as bugs in a rug! We are thinking of installing a gas fireplace in the casa if the cost of fixing the heater is too high. Our casa is so small, it wouldn't take much to heat it. Something to think about.

No matter, I am singing the song, Good Morning, and doing my praise dance as I brush my teeth.


"Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper." You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord, my God, I will give thanks to You forever." ~Psalm 30:10-12


I am one step closer to having my back fusion done. I had wanted to change to a surgeon in Waco and talked with his nurse a few weeks ago ~ they required a referral from my doctor in Hillsboro along with a CD of my last MRI. Welll, talk about a frustrating mess. My doctor (somehow) didn't have the records of my diagnosis from my surgeon in Plano and kept losing my request. It would have been so much easier on Michael if I could have had the surgery done closer to home BUT after praying about the whole situation, I had more of a peace in going back to Dr. Carmody. He's one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the Dallas area and has done all (about 6) surgeries on my neck and back. I trust him explicitly which is important. Anyway, I am going in to see him next Wednesday to schedule the fusion of the L3-4. Sure will be glad to get that behind me so I am set to work in my gardens come Spring!!


Many of you have read the 2010 memoir, THE BOY WHO CAME BACK FROM HEAVEN, written by Alex Malarkey and his father, Kevin. This morning, I read that Alex admitted that the whole experience was a fabrication. To quote Alex: "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

Once more, this reminded me of how careful we need to be of zeroing in on an author and taking their word for how God operates and what he says. My tattered and worn Daily Walk Bible has become even more dear to me as the years go by. There are days that I just can't get enough of the words that spring from the pages offering that fresh clean water of life. Man is imperfect, God is perfect!

Personally, I think the reason so many don't read the Bible is that they would be convicted of their sin. Ask yourself, "What would God ask me to change in my life if I followed Him?" I say that, because for so many years I didn't read my Bible, preferring to listen to preachers, and read the works of various authors. First of all, I have had to remember that, like Alex and Kevin Malarkey, authors want to sell books and they are telling their own version of a story. Secondly, I had to admit that there was some sin in my own life that I needed to address.


It was downright humbling and quite embarrassing to stand naked before God and others, stripped of my pride and fig leaves. One cannot be sorry without confessing and making amends ~ another step in my road to recovery ~ a decision of my will that took a long time to do.  I will tell you this, that was so freeing!! Oh, there were some who couldn't forgive me and who have continued to think of me as flawed but that's OK. Yesterday is gone and a new creature has emerged through Christ Jesus. I made a promise to myself to stay in the light, speak the truth in love, and not allow that little girl inside me to be battered any more!! 


Romans 8:1&2 says, "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death..."

This morning I read more of Joseph's story in Genesis 45-47. In Joseph's life, you'll find experiences that nearly everyone identifies with: misunderstanding, mistreatment, unexplainable circumstances seemingly unanswered prayers, and examples of doing the right thing and having it turn out all wrong. When Joseph told his brothers who he was (they had sold him into Egypt as a boy), he said to them: "But don't be angry with yourselves that you did this to me, for God did it! He sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives." (Genesis 45:5) Can you imagine? Sold by his own brothers, accused of atrocities he didn't commit, thrown into prison ~ the list goes on and on. Joseph CHOSE to remain in God knowing that everything is Father-filtered. His life made him who he was ~ an honest, loving, forgiving, and very wise man! Joseph is one of my most favorite characters in the Bible and I gain precious wisdom every time I read his story.


As you go about your day today, please know that I will be praying for you ~ for stamina, understanding, direction, and grace. I know the troubles and challenges coming before you are sharp as darts sent spiraling towards a target. Some of you are forging ahead. Good for you! Others are thinking about throwing in the towel. Don't! You don't have to do life alone you know. I can empathize with those of you who are private and don't want to air your dirty laundry. I lived that way for more years than I can count. Just remember, those pastors, lay pastors/counselors, therapists, accountability partners, Stephens Ministers ... they've heard it all and aren't there to judge. They are there to extend a hand and walk beside you

Miss Dottie

PS  "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." ~Andre' Gide

I think that Alex Malarkey would agree with that. To have admitted his folly is commendable. May God bless the next chapter in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment