Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Zoe Speaks Out!

May 21, 2015
Thursday

Hi Everybody,

My furmom has let all her furry kids get their paws on the computer so it's my turn.


1st day home!
I came to Seidler Dogdom in February. My furmom and furdad knew right away that I needed rescuing the first time they saw me. I don't know why 'cause I was perfectly content spending my time outside digging, having babies, and hiding from those big dogs. You know, you get used to a way of life (even if it's not good) and even if it's a not so good situation, you adapt. Mom says this is true about humans too. (Sigh)





Oh Mom, I am trying to stay clean. Honest I am!

My name used to be Princess but now I am called Zoe. Mom was hoping for a cute little Maltese, white as snow (like Zeke and Finn). I'm afraid what she got was a flea infested Maltese (Mix?) with stained feet, belly, backside, and beard. She got me!!


Welcome to Seidler Dogdom Zoe! ~ Kennedy
When I came to Seidler Dogdom, I had to learn to get along with my other brothers and sisters. We're all about the same size so I didn't need to worry about getting hurt. Kennedy is kind of a loner so I leave him alone to stare at his front feet ~ between you and me, Kennedy lives in his own world on his own time. Mom says that Kennedy is her therapy dog. Between you and me, he's just sorta weird! Toby, on the other hand, loves to chase squirrels and I love to chase him. He can run faster than any dog I've ever seen so I get a work-out to keep my fur-lish figure!







Wowzer! That new gal, Zoe, is pretty cool.
She helped me chase squirrels today. ~Toby


Look at me, Zoe... I am top dog here &
don't you forget it! ~Harmony Jane
Harmony is the alpha dog around here. I learned that right quick. I wanted to get up on the couch and sit by mom and Harmony put me in my place. I waited til she got down then jumped up cuddling in close. Fooled her! Ruffy? I like Ruffy. Of all my brothers and sisters, she likes me and we can wrestle with one another.  I follow Toby around outside and Ruffy follows me. Mom says we are, "Sooo cute!"



Helloooo, Zoe, I'm Ruffy.
Wanna play? ~Ruffles

My fur was pretty chopped up last February. The lady I lived with put a cute pink/brown leopard shirt on me trying to cover it up. Mom could tell I was pretty matted. I HATE brushes and combs. Mom has tried to gently brush the snarls out but I turn upside down and inside out. I think those brushes and combs are going to hurt me and I don't like that. I should know better but memories are hard to erase. Mom has been brushing me a little bit every day and I'm a little better. I hear her say, "Gentle, gentle ... good girl." Music to my ears.

Last week I went to see Naomi at Tidy Tails in Waco. Dr. Arnold had given me a little sedative to help me chill out. Naomi did wonders and I looked like a svelte Princess ~ the red bow in my top knot sparkled. Naomi told mom that the clippers scared me so she did an all over scissor cut. I appreciated her kindness and gentle hand. Naomi rocks in my world!

I am used to the outside, mud, and standing water. I jumped out of the car when we got home and sure didn't understand why mom was yelling, "Nooooooooooo!" as I headed for my favorite spots. She was hoping to get a photo of me all dolled up. Well, I didn't mind my rubbing out my topknot and bow on the dirty ground ... but, mom, her hands were over her mouth and she was gasping.

I'm happy at Seidler Dogdom. I get grain free healthy kibble, filtered water to drink, and have a cushy bed to nap in during the day. Mom takes us all outside several times a day where we can explore and play. Mom tells me that it didn't matter where I came from or how much neglect I suffered. I am safe now and now is important. By the way, in Greek Zoe means life and in Japanese Zoe means uniquely different. I think my pawrents picked a perfect name for me.

I have been spayed so no more babies for me. I am up to date on my shots and looking good. I think that my future looks rosy. I know Mom's never far away and with the slightest yip of discomfort, I am attended to. I'm working on getting used to my furdad. Ruffy told me that it took a couple years for her to overcome some of her phobias.

Ever heard of that song Green Acres? Well, I wrote some new words to it, come on sing along:


Seidler Dogdom is the place to be
Cottage livin' is the life for me
Gardens spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep old Dallas, just give me that countryside

Miss Dottie's is where I'd rather stay
I get allergic smelling hay
I just adore a cottage garden view
Former owners, I loved you but give me "my" own Park Avenue

The food, the safety
Fresh air, good care

You, Seidler Dogdom, are my new life
Good bye old outside life
Seidler Dogdom I am there!!!


To sum it all up, I am just a little girl, only six pounds soaking wet who wanted her own furever family. Being loved, cared for, and cherished mean everything to me. I am sure you'll hear from me again 'cause Miss Dottie can't help herself when it comes to her furry kids ~ she wants to tell the world to adopt and open their hearts to the imperfectly perfect, like me! I give her a big woof! because she always ruffles my fur and tells me, "Zoe, you may not be perfect and have a tipped halo but you are perfect for me!" Amen!!

Zoe

Dear Jesus, 
Thank you for caring about all the animals left behind when owners move, those abused, those considered disposable, and not quality. I pray that my Readers would open their hearts and minds to adopting one of these animals dropped off in the country, living in a shelter, or deplorable conditions ~ the ones needing a heart that will love them, rehabilitate them, and give whether it be money, a home, or volunteering at a local shelter or rescue. I had no intentions of adopting 5 dogs but somehow they found me or I found them. Either way, I have been blessed beyond blessed.

Once I lived in a shelter ~ just for 30 days ~ but it gave me a new perspective of how it feels to be afraid for your life. I pray you will meet the needs of those  around us who are hungry, need shelter, fresh water, and the human touch of love. I pray we will not turn our eyes away.

I vividly remember my move to a new home in Plano, TX in 1973. One evening while we were eating, I looked up to see a little girl standing at our dining room window. She mouthed the words, "I am hungry." I took her family some food under the guise of "welcome to the neighborhood." That still haunts me and I never want my fellowman to do without if I can help. In return, the little girls father, picked some lamb's quarters from his yard and brought them to us. "Can't think of letting all this food go to waste and planting grass." I accepted the lamb's quarters, cooked them, and we all sat down for a meal with just that on our plates. They didn't live in their house but for a few months and every now and then, I wonder where they went. 

As I grow older, the images that made me who I am today flood my thoughts. Thank you for tapping me on the shoulder and reminding me that You made me for a purpose. I pray that others would know their own purposes and open their minds and arms to others.

In the name of my Savior .. Amen, it is so!!

Miss Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment