Monday, November 26, 2012

The Magic of the Moment

November 26, 2012

A cheery Good Morning, Readers!  Looks like we are in for another sunny day in Central Texas.  It's been so nice to pull out my sweaters and boots.  I've been rejuvenated by the crispness of the air and find myself thinking about the upcoming holidays.

Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”

Last year, I just sort of meandered into the holidays with no plans other than my trip to visit my daughter and family in Florida.  Before I knew it, the holidays were over and I didn't get to do a lot of the things that I enjoy.  I missed Dickens on the Square in McKinney, the Christmas Festival production at Prestonwood Church, and many other events I usually go to.  This year, I decided to make some plans ... Several Sundays ago, I ordered tickets to the Christmas Festival at Prestonwood.  I am so excited ... their pageant is better than a musical on Broadway!  This Thursday, we are going to attend a Christmas concert featuring the combined college and community choirs and instrumentalists who are presenting a winter celebration including John Rutter's "Gloria."

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men of good will.
We praise You,
we bless You,
We adore You,
We glorify You,
We give thanks to You
For your great glory,
Lord God, Heavenly King,
God the Almighty Father.
Lord Only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ,
Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father,
You Who take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us.
You Who take away the sins of the world,
hear our prayer.
You Who sit at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy on us.
For You alone are holy,
You alone are the Lord,
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
With the Holy Spirit
in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
   


This morning I opened my eyes ... the sun was shining through the french doors and I had this uplifting sense of magic.  I have much to be grateful for despite all the crazy things going on in this world.   I knew it would be up to me to put a smile on my face and enjoy every moment afforded me.  Hope ... I felt hope deep inside me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Today will be a day of getting my house in order.  I feel so fortunate to have a home to clean!  The little casa and cottage are decorated and I have Christmas music playing.  As I walk through my rooms and out into the garden, I am overwhelmed at the beauty around me.  Awhile ago, little Valentina, peeked through the fence and said, "Whatcha doin' Miss Dottie?"  I wondered if her family would be able to afford Christmas this year...  Maybe I could help Santa a little for two beautiful little girls?!

Proverbs 28:27 He who gives to the poor will never want,
but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

The wreaths I made for the doors on the cottage sparkle in the sunlight.  My roses continue to bloom and offer bouquets for Mom in the nursing home.  There are times when I miss the snow of my youth in Minnesota ... then, I remember that I am where I am supposed to be.

Today will be a day of prayer and Bible reading.  I am reading in Proverbs ... one chapter at a time.  There is so much to ponder over.  The magic of God's living words mystifies and elevates me to a place of "all's right with the world."  Why do I say that?  Because in Revelation, the good guy wins!!  "If God is for me, what can mortal man do to me?"  Never in the history of mankind has such a book (The Bible) influenced so many great men and women.

The magic of the moment is NOW!!  I celebrate my moments cramming all I can into the live I have been given.  As we enter this Christmas season, let us remember that the magic that comes from within is God's gift to us each and every day!

Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!

Miss Dottie

PS   It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you... yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.~~Mother Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the season! I can't wait to hear about all of your experiences!

    Love you~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete