Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013



December 31, 2013

Life's not fair, is it...  My cousin, Barbara, commented on my blog about Sadie yesterday sharing that it was the day of her husband's funeral. She clings to the hymn, "Because He Lives."  I know the song well and when I played it on UTube, it gave me such comfort today. Thank you, Barb! I decided to put it on the top of my blog so that you could listen to it while you read my final blog of the year.


"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." 
~From an Irish headstone

No words I can write will ease the pain and feeling of hopelessness that has overtaken my days. I want Sadie to live. What I want is "self" centered but there comes a time when one must think beyond "self." Hopelessness is a good adjective to explain what I am going through. It's a feeling I've had when my parents passed, my in laws passed on, and relationships didn't work out ~ when circumstances were beyond my control.

Today is the last day of 2013. It's been a tough year with some good stuff sprinkled in. Believe me, I am looking forward to 2014 and will eat my black eyed peas at midnight!!

January began with the loss of Mom Seidler. It's been a year of grieving and missing her. She was such a wonderful part of our lives and my memories are all sweet when I think of her.



The wonderful warm weather in February birthed new gardens in the back yard. It was a wonderful way of working through grief and getting fit at the same time.



March offered:

Trips to Bonnie's Nursery with Beverly

Easter with the Anderson Family


In April we opened our home and hearts to Kennedy, a precious Chi-Pom rescued by Recycled Poms.

Kennedy
Adopted April 28, 2013



May

A bonding of the pack


May 13, 2013
Zeke adopted



Trip to Calvert, TX


















June

Storms rolled in


Trip to Cameron Park in Waco, TX



Zeke became our miracle baby
weathering serious illness


June 14, 2013
Ruffles adopted


June 14, 2012
Harmony Jane adopted

Zeke attends his first art showing


July

4th of July Celebration
Hillsboro, TX


Antiquing Trips

Harmony fought so hard to overcome
allergies and asthma

August

Blog book for 2012 was published.  Yay!


Zeke & Michael enjoying a rest inside a
wonderful log house!

September

Grandparents Day at Zachary's school

Grandparent's Day at Nicholas's school


Love to watch my grandsons play baseball!















October ~ the wonderful colors of Fall



November

Let's play ball!



That first place trophy looks mighty good!



So much to be thankful for!


December

Ice storms hit hard!


Christmas Eve at the Rock Church outside Cranfills Gap

Christmas Day lunch at the Crains.



A day at the Kimbell Art Museum with
Rica and Beverly


New beginnings and goals for the New Year















Favorite Memories: Visit by my grandsons in August.  OMG, my heart was full!!!

Nicholas loves Harmony!

Fun at Hobby Lobby.  Zachary said shopping was
great ~ Nicholas said it gave him a headache! LOL


Brotherly love!


Graffiti in the storm shelter

Cameron Park Zoo






















Those alligators look harmless?

What else can I say?  I've had quite a year.  Tomorrow I will have a clean slate on which to chart my course in life.  Several days ago, one of my high school classmates passed away from a heart attack while shoveling snow. (RIP Dan Kvitek)  He was looking forward to our class reunion coming up in September 2014.  It reminded me that no matter how we look forward to events, we have no guarantees.  TODAY is important and I am going to pack all I can into my minutes!!

Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU ... every one of you!!

Miss Dottie

PS  "Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending." ~Carl Bard

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful way to remember 2013~ love the photos and here's to 2014!! May your year be filled with good health, friends, family, adventure, God, and blessings!!

    Love YOU,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete