Monday, August 3, 2015

Trip Diary ~ Day 4

July 25, 2015, Saturday

Dear Readers,

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~ Marcel Proust

Oh goodness, another wake up to fresh coffee and the best ever breakfast. I could get used to this really fast! I am so grateful to Elaine for allowing me to crash in her guestroom.

Elaine's condo is filled with interesting treasures she has collected from her travels. Everywhere I look there is something to marvel at. She is talented at mixing old with new and a great hostess to boot. As most of you know, I love all sorts of interior design styles and the use of vibrant colors. I gathered up a few new ideas for changes in the lil casa and cottage. Yay!


Today was the day we were all were looking forward to ~ the all school reunion. As we did as high schoolers, we were all doing the familiar: "What are you going to wear?" We fussed over make-up, hair, clothes and FINALLY got ready to head out down the halls to the Central Square auditorium area. We certainly didn't have far to go!

What a treat it was to venture through the school, look at the art, peruse through old school albums (I found the graduation photos of my Aunt Lorna '31 and Aunt Helen '33. My very first friend ever, Judy, was there and it was so good to hug her and share some time together. Several classmates were also there and, again, we shared hugs, pork sandwiches, and a glass of wine. The weather was perfect and, I think, the reunion was a huge success. I did find out that my class is going to have a birthday party in 2016 at Bonnie and Merle's home and, God willing, I sure plan to be there.

The halls of 4th, 5th, 6th grade

My favorite at the art show

The balcony of the auditorium

The stage ~ basketball, pep rallies, choir/band
concerts,plays (I remember watching movies
& the March of Dimes clips here).
5th Grade Operetta Hansel & Gretel
Miss Dottie was Gretel

Lisa & Lynda

Priscilla & Susan

Pam & Judy

Don

The annual tables

Our entertainers
wore cowboy boots

Dale, Lynda, Janice, Dale

Dale, Elaine, Moi, Jan, Dale

My Aunt Lorna's HS photo! Class of 1931

My Aunt Helen's HS photo. Class of 1933

Bonnie & Merle

These are the steps I walked up
from 1st through 6th grade
as I came from home into the bldg

Miss Dottie
Graduation Photo
You know the beautiful thing about my school years was that there was no bullying ... no cliques. Oh yes, there were groups that congregated because of interests ~ sports, cheer leading, band, choir, etc. but no one was left out of our class to be mean towards them. I think that's pretty awesome considering what is going on in school's now.

There have been lots of crazy things going on in my life but my kindergarten through 12th grade time in school was filled with positiveness, friends, and adventuresome experiences. I was blessed beyond blessed to have roots, a love of the Lord that went deep, and enough wonderful experiences to give me something to hang on to ~ well, even today!

Saturday evening, we sat outside Elaine's condo and watched the fireworks going on at the lake. We were going to go down but, I guess, by the end of the day, we were feeling a little on the tired side and not willing to wade through the huge crowds. There was the lighted pontoon parade on the lake as well as the street dance featuring Hairball (we heard about 4,000 showed up for that).

It started sprinkling rain and we headed in for what else? MORE CAKE!

Dear Jesus from whom all blessings flow. Thank you for a day filled with memories, friends, and plans for the future. Carpe' Diem ... seize the day! Yes, I did!! I pray that all your children would fill their lives with love, laughter, and hope for a bright future. For those struggling, I ask that you move mightily in their lives: healing, preparing, giving peace, and opening their eyes to truth and light. I could not have asked for more today! Amen, it is so!!

Miss Dottie

PS

"Sometimes it's easy to forget how much you miss people until you see them again." ~ Colleen Hoover

My life is good and I am happy. Yet... when I walked into the lives of dear friends that I hadn't seen in several years, I found myself glowing, my heart was so happy.

Make new friends but keep the old ~ one is silver and the other gold. For sure!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment