Sunday, July 22, 2012

Unveiling of the Ladies Room!

July 22, 2012


And a top of the morning to you all!!  Gosh, it's been awhile since I posted a blog.  Life has thrown me some curve balls I didn't expect and when they hit close to my heart, it takes me awhile to bounce back.


I am supposed to be in Minnesota with my high school friends enjoying a time at a lake house.  Alas, I am in Texas.  I had looked forward to the trip for months needing the filling of joy, laughter, and companionship.  Doing the right thing was an easy decision but it still was a huge disappointment not to get in Lilly and head north.  Even as I type, hot tears fall on my cheeks...  I've been blessed with messages from them ... oh, what special women they are!!


Would you believe ... I have a stress fracture in my left foot??!!  I had been hobbling around and finally cried "uncle" and went to the doctor.  Any time my body has to heal, Fibromyalgia rears it's ugly head and I've have a tough time keeping my energy level up.  The nasty heat we've been having hasn't helped much either.


I've been doing 40 days of prayer for specific areas in my family's lives.  I must be doing some good as Satan has been throwing darts like crazy.  A prayer warrior on the front lines must be able to stay strong in the face of adversity.  Whenever Satan wants to really get to me, he attacks my heart, my love for my family, and my health.  Bizarre things going on ... 


Every closet should have a chair
& something fun to draw you in!!
The completion of the casita is just around the corner.  I've been limping around trying my best to concentrate on decorating one area at a time.  I am having fun stretching myself to create outside the box.  Yesterday, I found a wonderful mannequin.  I sat in the store, gazing at it and falling in love.  I envisioned a lacy vintage gown gracing it's lovely curves or even a feathered boa draped about it's neck.  I had made a vow to myself to only put things in the casita that touched my heart and had meaning.  I've been concentrating on the bathroom and closet the past few days.  I want the casita to be fun ... to be whimsical and magical.

I enjoy soft lights and the scent of candles as I soak in tubs of fluffy bubbles.  What do you think of this lamp I found?  The ceramic birds in the nest caught my eye but the wispies around the shade had me digging into my pocketbook ... definitely a keeper!!  Every time I walk into the bathroom, I smile!


A bathroom fit for a queen! 
I still have a natural material round rug to find for the bathroom, a wreath to make for over the toidy, and the towel ring to put up.  For the most part, though, it's done and it makes my heart sing.  I'd been wanting a place for a painting my mother received for her retirement and, I decided that it would look wonderful overlooking the back of the tub.  I can stand in the middle of this tiny bathroom and when I turn in a circle ... I see something that gave my heart a sentimental tug or gave me a giggle.  Isn't that what our spaces are supposed to do?

The beautiful Lake Minnewaska painted by Mayme Kalina

I took my Bose radio out to the casita a couple days ago and have been playing Christian music 24/7.  Something really odd happened in there that kind of gave me the heebie jeebies.  I have a painting that I acquired some years ago of a young girl.  The painting reminds me of Melissa, a young woman who was a big part of my life for many years.  Well anyway...  I wondered if the painting would have a place in the casita and took it out to see.  I placed the painting above the fireplace and smiled.  Yes!!  Yesterday morning I went out to check on the casita ... the painting was laying on the floor in front of the fireplace.  The frame wasn't broken, the painting was okay, but, the small nails that held the painting to the frame were mangled.  The painting had been ripped from the frame...  I looked for signs of damage to the fireplace and floor ... nothing, not even a scratch...  How could a painting fly off a wall, land in front of the fireplace, and except for the mangled nails not show signs of falling???  Anyway, I reset the painting and it is now back up on the wall and I've had no more weird goings on...  My neighbor shook her head ... "Dottie, having Christian music playing is not going to ward off bad spirits."  I happen to disagree ... where there is God, there is NO ROOM for evil!!

Left side of closet
I've talked a lot about repurposing and the bathroom in the casita is a perfect example!  Decorating cost?? Less than $150.  Painting over tub came from the entry at the last house, painting back of tub was my mom's, plant came from back patio, table came from office at last house, painting in closet I had in storage, and chair was Mom Seidler's mothers.  I bought 2 rugs at TJMaxx - a lamp at Central Furniture  - and the mannequin at Pier1.  In the closet, I brought in a white bookcase that came from the office at the last house, a storage unit from our last house, and shoe rack from the last house.  I have a perfectly organized closet for no cost!!



May the Lord bless the fruits of your labor this day and always.  May you use the gifts He gave you whatever they may be.  The unveiling of the main room is next ... stay tuned!!

Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!

Miss Dottie








1 comment:

  1. Oh my....I don't remember hearing about the painting coming off the wall. I say keep the Christian music playing! Also, with all of the praying you have been doing in the casita evil spirits don't have a chance.

    Love ya~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete