Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Christmas Miracle

So Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe.” ~~John 4:48

December 4, 2012

Hey ... I thought I heard you at the door!  Come on in.  Michael made a big pot of fresh hot coffee before leaving for work.  We can share a cup and chat awhile.  It's so good to see you; AND, I love having company.  I'm so excited ... I have a wonderful story to tell!

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” ~~Matthew 17:20

We've been having unseasonably warm weather this year.  I met a friend, in Waco yesterday to spend my birthday money sent to me by some stores.  The sales are pretty deep already and I managed to do pretty well for myself.  I seemed so odd to see folks in flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts!  When it comes to December, I am wearing my boots and sweaters (light ones on warm days!).

 

Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven~~Psalm 107:28-30

 
Some of my family members have really been going through some tough times this year.  The brunt of the force was coming down today and yesterday all seemed so dark and foreboding.  Everything humanly possible had been done then ... there was that dreaded wait not knowing...  I wished I could help but all I have been able to do is pray and be of encouragement.  With tears in my eyes, I came before the Lord while driving to Waco, praying for his divine provision, protection, direction, and guidance.  It was Christmas and a Christmas Miracle was needed.  I thanked Him for all the times in my own life that He came through and I knew that above all, He cares (even more than an earthly Father would).  My time of prayer ended when I got to Waco ... I thanked Him for listening and told Him that I couldn't wait to hear the "news."  (I am human and did add ... Lord, if it is your will that this is something this family must go through, that you give them supernatural peace and direction ... your will be done.)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.~~Philippians 4:6-7
 

My friend hadn't eaten lunch so we met at the Panera Bread Company for something to eat.  Their Bear Claws are to die for!  Yum...  I shared with her my burden and she said, "You really believe that your God is going to fix that?"  "Yep, I do..."  We went to Belk, to Target, then on to Tuesday Morning finding bargains before heading for home.

Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.~ Corrie Ten Boom

We jumped in Lily, and whirrrr I received a text.  Oh, my gosh, it WAS A MIRACLE!!  I wish I could share more about this and hope that one day my family members will share their stories.  Since my blog is about my story, my hope, strength, and faith.  All, I can say is that on December 3, 2012, God acted in a way big enough to make me realize that he is in control.  You say ... "Well, I prayed and God didn't answer my prayers."  To that, I say ... "I prayed for a Christmas Miracle; AND, I prayed for God's will to be done, whatever that might be."  I have faith that if God brings us to something, He will give us the strength and perseverance to move through it no matter what that "it" is.  (Oh,  my friend rode home with me and I shared the miracle with her.   She looked at me not knowing what to say except ... "You think your prayers influenced the outcome?"  The door was opened for deep conversation about my faith and prayer.  Go God!)
  
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish,
and it will be done for you.~~John 15:7


It is my hope and prayer that whatever challenges you are facing this Christmas that you will see Christ as the answer.  There are times when I don't understand the suffering and pain of this world.  I don't have all the answers and won't understand the big picture til I get to Heaven.  All I know is that I was born to fulfill a purpose and when that purpose is done, I will pass away to be with my creator and those who have gone before me.  Until then, you and I will continue to chat and I will share my hope and strength with you.

Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!

Miss Dottie

PS:
God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith;
the warmth of Christmas, which is love;
the radiance of Christmas, which is purity;
the righteousness of Christmas, which is justice;
the belief in Christmas, which is truth;
the all of Christmas, which is Christ.
--Wilda English
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Stay true...love your blogs and do not let anyone take away your passion!

    XXOO~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete