Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Morning REFRESH



"In the silence of the heart God speaks. If you face God in prayer and silence, God will speak to you. Then you will know that you are nothing. It is only when you realize your nothingness, your emptiness, that God can fill you with Himself. Souls of prayer are souls of great silence."
~Mother Teresa

January 28, 2014

Dear God,

Good Morning, Lord! It's me, Miss Dottie and it's a Psalms kind of morning!!

"I sleep and wake up refreshed because you, LORD, protect me." (Ps 3:5)

"You, LORD, are my protector. Rescue me and keep me safe from all who chase me." (Ps 7:1)

"I will praise you, LORD! You always do right." (Ps 7:17)

"You listen to the longings of those who suffer. You offer them hope, and you pay attention to their cries for help." (Ps 10:17)

"I trust your love, and I feel like celebrating because you rescued me. You have been good to me, LORD, and I will sing about you." (Ps 13: 5-6)

"Only you are my Lord. Every good thing I have is a gift from you." (Ps 16:1-2)

"I love you, LORD God, and you make me strong. You are my mighty rock, my fortress, my protector, the rock where I am safe, my shield, my powerful weapon, and my place of shelter." (Ps 18:1-2)

"Show me your paths and teach me to follow; guide me by your truth and instruct me." (Ps 25:3)

"At night we may cry, but when morning comes we will celebrate." (Ps 30:5)

"You have turned my sorrow into joyful dancing. No longer am I sad and wearing sackcloth. I thank you from my heart, and I will never stop singing your praises, my LORD and my God." (Ps 30:11-12)

"You said to me, 'I will point out the road that you should follow. I will be your teacher and watch over you. Don't be stupid like horses and mules that must be led with ropes to make them obey.'" (Ps 32:8-9)

I must be patient and trust you, Lord. Grant me an extra measure of strength when all (seemingly) goes well for those who do sinful things. (see Ps 37:7)

"As a deer gets thirsty for streams of water, I truly am thirsty for you, my God. In my heart I am thirsty for you, the living God. When will I see your face?" (Ps 42:1-2)

"I have sinned and done wrong since the day I was born. But you want complete honesty, so teach me true wisdom. Wash me with hyssop until I am clean and whiter than snow. Let me be happy and joyful! You crushed my bones, now let them celebrate. Turn your eyes from my sin and cover my guilt. Create pure thoughts in me and make me faithful again. Don't chase me away from you or take your 5-Holy Spirit away from me." (Ps 51:5-11)

Amen, it is so...

Miss Dottie

PS to my Readers: In the times of our greatest distress we can trust in this promise: God hears our prayers (Isaiah 38:5) While we weep, God captures our tears as they fall. He carefully collects our sorrows and holds them close. (Ps 56:8) Believe me, God has noticed the times we have strayed and have stumbled. Yet, no matter how weak our words may seem, God does NOT forget the cries of those in need. Why? ...So that we would please him and follow the light that leads to life eternal.

It's a beautiful sunny day here in North Central Texas albeit quite chilly! I can't wait to experience all that God has in store for me this day (and, for you too!)



1 comment: