Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pay it Forward

My own precious 'Doodle Bug' ~ Ruffy
January 25, 2014

Dear God,

Thank you for a good night's rest.  It got mighty cold here last night and my flannel sheets kept me (and the Fabulous Five) nice and toasty. The only one that preferred to sleep outside the covers was Ruffy ~ you've gifted her with a coat thick enough for a dozen dogs and she huffs and puffs when she gets too warm! I call her Doodle Bug because her coat drags on the ground ~ all you can see is this moving mop of red hair with a plume of a tail waving high in the air!!

The cold weather wreaks havoc on my bones but a nice fire not only warms them but also calms my spirit. I just love reading your word, sipping on a steaming cup of joe, and stroking the fur of one of my furry kids.  I think it is true, all the above are good medicine!

"Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
~Apostle Paul

I received the following post on Facebook yesterday morning:

"To start this year off in a loving way I'm participating in the Pay-it-Forward initiative... The first five people who comment on this status with "I'm in" will receive a surprise from me at some point in this calendar year- anything from a book, a ticket, a visit, something home-grown or made, a postcard, absolutely any surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood comes over me and I find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy.


These five people must make the same offer in their FB status and distribute their own joy. Simply copy this text onto your profile, (don't share) so we can form a web of connection and kindness.

Let's do more nice and loving things for each other in 2014, without any reason other than to make each other smile and show that we think of each other."

What a wonderful idea. I quickly responded to make sure I was one of the five on Jane's post and reposted it on my own status. I couldn't wait to see who would respond with an "I'm in!" By yesterday evening, I had my own precious five to spread my love and joy to! I am a giver so this will be right up my alley!!

You know, Lord, you tell us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves ... not more than or less than. I like that. I've never been one for having a ton of acquaintances ~ I'd prefer a special group of friends that I can get to know and love inside and out. AND, I like real people rather than those who are seemingly perfect!

For so many years I presented an image of having it all together. When I started dropping the layers of fear of people not liking me because I was flawed, I felt pretty raw and naked. I was like a turtle who stuck it's head out of it's shell only to pull it back in when (perceived) danger confronted me. The most amazing thing happened though ... I was able to relate to my fellow earthly travelers without judging. Whoopee!! What a freeing feeling.

The Garden Angel in
Miss Dottie's cottage
compliments of Jill
Lord, as I begin my day, I ask for special blessings for Jan, Jackie, Bonnie, Kat, and Chuck. Fill them with a sense of peace knowing that you and I will be there to pray for them and lift them up no matter what they face in 2014. AND, while I have you "on the line," I also want you to bless all my Readers!!  Boy howdy!!!! It feels so good to get outside of myself and think about ... well, "I got this joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart ... down in my heart to stay!!!"

Amen.

Miss Dottie

PS "When you take time to study and practice the word of God, you become like a barrel of great beauty, filled with the energy drink of love with which you inspire people to inspire other people!" ~Israelmore Ayivor

I sure like that quote, don't you? I love the idea of love being an energy drink that inspires us to be greater than what we would normally be. Ready to take on my day, I hope you are too!!













1 comment:

  1. Mom,

    Doodle bug?? You must be from Texas-- he! he! Take this quiz... http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html?_r=0

    I'm excited as well to bless "my five" with spontaneous acts of kindness. Here's to 2014!!

    Love you~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete