Tuesday, August 16, 2011

God Will Make A Way!




Hi Everyone!  I am back at my brother's farm after a fun weekend in town with my friend, Elaine.  It's 67 degrees and raining outdoors ... a good time to stay in and chat with you for awhile!  I hope that you had a great weekend, I sure did!

God's ways are not our ways and, yes, God will make a way having our best interests at heart...  I've been in the North land since the end of July and each day has been the most wonderful gift.  I was to head home to Texas on August 7 and oops (!) Lily and I had a run in with some sand allowing me to spend another block of time.  He knew I had unfinished business here and gave me more opportunities to fill my heart.

I was kind of disappointed yesterday ... I had planned on looking at a little house near the City Park and lake to use as a summer home.  I heard via the grapevine that the house has nasty water problems in the basement.  Since I am highly allergic to molds, I figured that it wouldn't be such a good idea.  Felt kinda sad though as it had such a neat front porch and large garage for storing a boat and play stuff for the lake.  I will keep my eyes open...  It's always been one of my dreams to live either on the lake or close to it ... and, to have an old house with a big front porch.  If that is what God wants for me then, He will make a way!!


Elaine and I spent some fun time together and cackled away the weekend!!  Lots to catch up on since we haven't seen each other in 15+ years!!  We started out our weekend with breakfast at Lakeside ... holy moly ... I had bacon, scrambled eggs, potatoes, & two large pancakes for $5.95 less my senior discount!!  After the old Lakeside burned down, this new one has taken it's place.  It's beautiful but I got tears in my eyes remembering my growing up years and how much a part of it took place at the teen dances at the Lakeside Ballroom.

After breakfast, we headed North to Alexandria for some shopping .  We visited Ron's Warehouse and dug through boxes to find some hugely discounted treasures!  It was like going to a big flea market in a warehouse!  They had some boxes of name brand make-up ... 4 for $1.  Now, that's a bargain!!  I thought of my friend, Beverly, in Texas and knew how much she would enjoy all the bargains!!


Elaine likes antiquing as much as I do so we ventured downtown.  We had a coke at (where else but...) the Travelers Inn then hit a couple antique stores.  I found some treasures to take back to Texas with me.  The antiques here are a bit different than what's in the stores in Texas so it was fun looking at new things.  I still need to go back and get some ice block tongs ... can you believe we went there specifically to get those and I totally forgot!


The Terrance Mill had a jazz concert Saturday night.  Oh goodness it was so beautiful to sit under the stars, listen to music and drink in the sounds and smells of nature.  One of the ladies with us, Donna S, said that the mosquitoes would be out at dusk and sure enough, they were right on time.  We laughed, as the band started to play they commented on the outdoor bathrooms  and how luxurious they were ... designer biffies!!  Donna and I decided that we had to see the inside for ourselves and I did manage to snap a photo.  The only thing funnier would have been if I could have convinced Donna to sit on the throne!!


The Old Terrace Mill has been restored and is a cultural arts center ... it is an interesting place to visit with all the memorabilia, the 2nd floor which houses an auditorium where they have plays, and the 3rd floor which houses an art gallery.  Elaine and I walked around the grounds taking pictures of the rushing water, the log cabin and lake.  I was reading an article on the history of Glenwood and the surrounding area and the comment was made that when the settlers came to the top of the hill looking down upon the lake and surrounding area that they thought they had discovered one of the most beautiful areas on earth.  I still feel that way when I approach the top of the hill and look down upon my "home" town.


I was going back to my brother's house on Sunday but Elaine convinced me to stay another day with her.  We drove to Osakis to visit with Elaine's brother Brian and his family.  They are all getting ready for a family reunion next weekend so Elaine offered to hem some drapes for them.  It would be nice to be here next weekend and crash their reunion.  Brian just got a huge boat and is going to be giving rides.  I haven't been out on the water in a boat yet so that sure would be fun.  They do have dinner cruises at both Torgy's and Lakeside so maybe I can convince Elaine to do that which me before I head home.

Last night, Michael called to report that Texas actually had a good rain shower.  Yea!  Nothing like water from Heaven to perk up my plants!!  His job search is going well and he has a hot prospect on the line for a Wednesday interview.  I am praying that God will bless his socks off and that the interview will go smoothly and result in a job offer.  Sounds like it is really a great fit for him!

I Heard Your Voice in the Garden!!
My daily walk with the Lord took me through the book of Daniel today.  Did you know that Daniel is one of the few individuals in scripture about whom nothing negative is written?  Daniel was a man of prayer ... a man faithful to his Lord!  If you like Sci Fi, Daniel is a good book to read!  Time after time, God protected Daniel and made a way for him as a man of God.  Since I am a prayer warrior, I loved verse 4 of Chapter 9:  "...Oh Lord," I prayed, "you always fulfill your promises of mercy to those who love you and who keep your laws."  God answered Daniel's prayers saying, "The moment you began praying, a command was given.  I am here to tell you what it was, for God loves you very much."~~Chapter 9:23  Yes, our God is a merciful God who loves it when we take time to talk to him!!   

Today, I am headed back to Alexandria to pick up some chains for my brother's chain saw that have been sharpened.  They've done a lot but sure have mountains of trees yet to cut up and either burn or stack.  In the evenings, the air smells like one big bonfire!  So sad to see all these big trees pulled up by the roots!

May the Lord be with me and thee as we head out today.  Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!

It is good to remember where we came from!!









 

1 comment:

  1. Oh such great photos --you are having a wonderful trip and I am enjoying your blogs so much. Relish your final days and remember what brings you joy.... You are a wonderful mother, friend, Christian, .....all that ....'and a bag-of-chips' he!he!

    Oh my goodness- I wish I was there with you. The pictures look festive. Something anyone would want to sink their teeth into...

    XXOO-
    Jane

    ReplyDelete