Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Oh what a beautiful morning!

November 10, 2014
Monday

Dear God,


Thank you for the gift of a beautiful day. It's supposed to hit the 80's today then temperatures will start falling. Kind of weird because I have the air conditioner going in the cottage and know that it won't be long and I'll be having a fire in the fireplace all day as well as a little heater going in the bathroom. Here comes Winter!!

I walked through the gardens this morning to assess what plants will weather the cold and which ones will need to be taken indoors. Actually, I am thinking that I might put them in the shed and put a blanket over them. The Pansies are tough little rascals and will do fine. I got some mums at Bonnie's Greenhouse (can't beat 50 cents a plant!) to replace the ones that died last Winter. Will need to get some good mulch to keep them warm so they will over-winter and pop up in the Spring. The big old tree sure has a lot of dead branches ~ praying that they will fall into the yard and NOT on any plants. Thank you Lord!!


Thought I was being careful to keep an eye on my furry kids but wouldn't you know it, Kennedy dug out when my back was turned. I didn't even know he was gone ~ Michael took the trash out and saw him meandering around in the neighbor's yard. Aughhh...gotta love my wandering Pom-Chi. At least Zeke hadn't followed him out. Everyone is safe in the cottage so blow wind blow!!




Sing it Will!
Father God, I missed going to your house on Sunday and worshiping with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I just know that Will and the Open Range Band had everyone tapping their toes and raising their hands in praise. My week just doesn't seem right without heading for the country and feasting on your word via Pastor Rick and Pastor Gerald. I've been playing the Open Range CD and singing along but somehow it's not quite the same. I need my bones and muscles to stop their tantrums and my energy level to raise up so I can pull on my boots and coat next Sunday and soak in the sunshine that the Open Range Cowboy Church offers!! Amen, it is so!!


Pastor Rick steps in for Miss Kitty


Hamilton Elf loves Winter!
Today, is special because it is today ... simple as that. I am making plans for decorating the house for Christmas and writing the third children's book about Hamilton Elf. Don't be surprised if he shows up at the Open Range Church and takes a seat. A couple years ago, he went to Florida but he's never been to Your House.

Lord, I don't know why but Hamilton Elf makes me smile and others smile too. Last year he didn't receive the attention he should have and this year needs to be different!


I was reading in the Bible today ~ Acts 24-26 ~ and, there was a verse that popped out at me. In Acts 24:14-16, Paul was talking about what he believed in: salvation, serving God, the Jewish law, books of prophesy, and the resurrection of both the righteous and ungodly. In verse 16, he stated: "Because of this I try with all my strength to always maintain a clear conscience before God and others." I had this underlined, highlighted, and marked with X's and check marks. Obviously this verse is one I want to remember and live by.


Some years ago now, I went through the 12-Step Program of Alanon then began teaching the steps. As I made amends to those I had hurt and cleaned house in my own self and life, I began to keep my slates clean each and every day. I sleep well at night and there is so much more room in my heart to love and be loved. God, You have been so good to me. You've been with me every step of the way on my life's journey. I've seen You at work in ways that seemed impossible. You give me such comfort!


We are never alone!
Lord, I want to pray for your people today. I want to lift them up with prayers of love knowing that as I do, You are ready to receive them. Hear their cries, comforting them in ways that only You can. Protect my friends and family in the north as they experience their first winter storm. As we all start to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas, help us to remember how important it is to be thankful AND the real reason for the season! Amen, it is so...

Miss Dottie

NOTE TO READERS: Not too long ago I read a quote by Marcel Proust that went something like this ... let us be grateful to the people who make us happy for they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Before I came in from walking my gardens, I looked up into the sky and felt such a joy for the people who brighten my days. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment