Monday, November 3, 2014

The street where I live

Street Where You Live ~ Willie Nelson

November 1, 2014
Saturday

Dear Readers,


Welcome November!!  It was 39 degrees this morning. I haven't set the thermostat on the fireplace so it was mighty chilly when the dogren woke me up. It didn't take them long to potty and they wanted back inside under the covers. We snuggled down and slept til 7:30. What a gift!! 

The early morning hours are so quiet and peaceful. It's a time when I can sip on some fresh coffee, nibble on some toast (with homemade jam, of course!), read God's Word, and play with my pups. It's been a very busy week; however, it sure is nice to be able to be caught up in the little casa, outside, and in the cottage. My back and shoulder are still sore from getting punched in the upper back by the old tree limb ~ I take it slow and keep on keepin' on! I promised Michael I wouldn't go out in the backyard if it was windy so I've been enjoying indoor projects the past couple days.


I woke up singing On the Street Where You Live ~ music has always been an important part of my life and I enjoy different genres and artists. I'm always whistling, singing, or humming something. Still humming, I dug out the leashes and doggie stroller so the pups and I could go for a walk. Aughhhh...the doggie stroller was broken so the little girls had to stay home. bummers! Michael's sock was bothering him so we stopped for that adjustment then headed on out.




Kennedy and Zeke have been extra sneaky in their escape antics lately. I've learned to find Zeke first because he will sit still once I find him and call his name. He's a meanderer who saunters down the street enjoying every savory bit of freedom. Kennedy, on the other hand, is a runner. His long legs are perfect for sprinting. He usually heads west ~ then, when I don't follow him, he turns east zipping past me. He won't come when I call him nor does he slow down making catching him so frustrating... I would like to think that he would eventually come home on his own but I keep after him until he's cornered. Anyway, I've been taking the boys (Toby included) on walks to tire them out and give them a sense of freedom. Too early to tell if it's working. They certainly know what it means when I say, "Want to go for a walk?"


The street where I live is a beautiful place to be explored and experienced. I notice something new each time I venture out.

If you think about it, we drive to our destinations even if it is only a few blocks. In doing so, we miss so much. As we walked today, we listened to the sounds of nature, looked deep into the woods and commented on the houses decorated with pumpkins for Fall. The area where we live is an interesting one ... there are a couple million dollar estates sandwiched in amongst a horse pasture, some small homes (like the little casa), some medium sized homes, and then there are the falling down homes that need rescuing. I like that because to me, it represents the cross section of people living in the United States ~ we are a melting pot. If you haven't taken a walk around your neighborhood lately, I would invite you to do so ~ you might be surprised at what you've missed!



Miss Dottie

Dear God,

Thank you for our neighborhoods where we live and grow. As I walk each day, I pray for the families who live in the homes lining the streets. Each home has a story to tell as do the people who reside within. I ask blessings upon my church family and my Readers ~ bless their pleas for answered prayers. Comfort the hurting, strengthen those fighting addictions, give direction to the lost, heal the sick, and, most of all, bring us all together as we bond in the name of Christ Jesus. I know that there are those who don't know you and need to. Bring us together under the umbrella of faith. Ah yes, the army of God's people.

Amen, dear Jesus, it is so!











No comments:

Post a Comment