Friday, December 23, 2011

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...


Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!


Good Morning, Readers!  It's a brr cold morning here in Central Texas!!  I got up early to let the dogren out, feed them, then hopped back into bed to get warm.

The little casa is a pier and beam house and the wood floors don't have much under them so, guess what?  The cold air comes up through the floors.  Instant air conditioning!  Good thing that the heater works to keep us toasty warm.  I was wondering how the couple next to us is doing ... they have two babies and no central heat.

I found a crazy site on the Internet (myWebFace) where you can do cartoons etc.  I played with it awhile.  I am not an artist but it was kinda fun to mess with.  The picture on the left is supposed to be me ... he he!  Merry Christmas from Miss Dottie the red nosed reindeer!!

Well, folks, we know the winner of the XFactor.  Melanie Amoro!  All three finalists are great in their own genres and I wouldn't have been surprised if the votes were pretty close between the three, Josh, Chris, and Melanie.  I hope and pray that they all go on to have successful careers!  Was a fun show to watch each week...

Well, folks, I am now into the last book of the Bible, Revelation, written by John while he was exiled on the island of Patmos.  Through a dramatic (I don't think there is an adjective big enough to describe the scenes in this book) series of pictures, signs, and symbols, John depicts the judgement upon the earth, the final conquest of satanic forces, and the beginning of a new heaven and new earth.  Exciting stuff!  The pages in my Bible are a mess ... I have underlined and highlighted passages and written in the margins.  "...I have opened a door for you that no one can shut."~~Revelation 3:8  Yes, we have that assurance ... once we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, no one can close that door!  Hallelujah!!

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve Day ... can you believe it?  Christmas is just around the corner.  As I wrote this sentence, I had a vision of my brother and I all dressed up looking out the window for mom and dad to come home from work.  The event we looked forward to from January 1 of each year was at hand and the parties were about to begin!

In my vision, I was not yet a teenager.  It was the period of time when we traveled to Morris, Minnesota to spend Christmas Eve at my Aunt Sis's home.  There would be chili for the kids and oyster stew for the adults.  Nothing fancy served in a fancy way but there was joy and merriment.  As much as my father's family was on the reserved side, my mother's family was quite boisterous.  Norwegian vs English??  At any rate, we had a great time stuffing ourselves and opening our gifts.  As a photographer, I wish I had photos of those Christmas's.  Yet, I have the memories and they are quite vivid.

I do want to share something with you today.  You know, when I first started my blog in October of 2009, my memories of my childhood were almost nil.  Once I got rid of all the crap and became transparent to the world, my good memories have started to come in waves.  Oh, I still have huge blanks but I think that the Lord will reveal those times as I am able to handle them.  In the meantime, I am enjoying this season of love, hope, and joy remembering the Christmas's in my past that were particularly wonderful.

As we all gather with friends and family this Christmas ... or, even if you are spending Christmas alone, I pray that you will take some time to sit quietly and look about you.  Praise God for what you have.  Reach out to others who are less fortunate.  With the birth of our Savior, God gave us that internal hope that spurs us on when life seems so very dark.  If all you have is Jesus, is that not enough?

We were hoping that Mom S would be able to come to the little casa for Christmas this year.  A few days ago, I watched the aide carefully as she lifted mom into her wheelchair.  The aide was a big burly young girl and she struggled with mom's dead weight nearly missing the wheelchair as she turned her around.  It made me very sad to think that Mom would need to stay in the nursing home for Christmas.  Mom has been slipping ever so slightly each month and I dread the day she will slip from our midst and join those who have gone before her.  Each day with her is a gift!  Please remember those in the hospital, nursing homes, or who are shut ins this Christmas Season.

Speaking of invitations and visits.  I am off to invite a neighbor to Christmas dinner.  I don't know her but I do know she is going to be alone for Christmas.  She is an unbeliever and it is my hope that she will see Christ on Christmas Day!!  Now wouldn't that be something!

Well, Readers, I've had a couple cups of hot coffee and so enjoyed chatting with you this chilly Winter morning.  As you are out and about today, take gentle care not only of yourselves but the people around you.

And, don't ever forget, you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!


Says Miss Dottie and Kat ...
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas in a Big Way!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Christmas is here --I am so thankful for all of the ways the Lord has blessed our families. 2011 has been one of the most challenging years, yet as we close the year I am in awe of how God has stayed true. I look forward to a weekend of festivities. Wish you were here to celebrate. You always bring life and energy to events.

    XXOO-
    Jane

    ReplyDelete