Sunday, August 12, 2012

A cottage fit for Miss Dottie

August 12, 2012

Good Morning, Readers!  I spent the night out in the little cottage and am finding that it is exactly what I hoped it would be ... quiet, serene, a place to read, write, and reflect!  Mission accomplished.

Miss Madison flew back to Florida yesterday.  We've been texting so I know she arrived safe and sound.  I know that her family was welcoming her back with arms open wide -- this texting thing gives me up to the minute details!  Madison's energy is contagious and oh goodness, THE HOUSE IS SOOOO QUIET!  It's going to take me a few days to get back into the mode of just thinking about Michael, me, and the dogren.

Last Monday, I had 19 (yep, 19) shots in my head and neck.  For a few days afterwards, I have wicked side effects ... increased headaches, pain, and a general feeling of being "off."  I go down this road every 3 months and, at least I know that the side effects subside and I enjoy several months of headache free living!  Madison held my hand through the ordeal and has been my driver since she arrived in Texas.  She was such a help to me, maybe I am having some withdrawals since she left!!??

I decided to experience the cottage for myself the first time since it's been completed.  I still have family photos and some decorator items to add, but it's livable.  First, I filled the claw foot tub and took a wonderful bubble bath.  OMG, everything, and I do mean everything that I've read or heard about those tubs is true.  I had bubbles up to my neck and could lean back and soak to my heart's content!!  I think I need one of those little wire thingies that goes across the tub so that I can read and sip on some tea while my body rejuvenates in the warm water.  I looked up to the rafters and could see the rusticness made romantic by the white washing of the wood.  I looked about me and everything meant something to me.  I couldn't quit smiling!! 1 claw foot tub, 1 capful of bubble bath, warm water, soft music, candles = one relaxed Miss Dottie!!

Hmmm ... hmmm...  I found myself humming as I donned my pj's.  The wing back chair next to the fireplace welcomed me.  Nestling in, I was reminded of the many times I'd sat in this chair (it's had many homes!) ... it was a perfect place to read and wind down from the heckticness of the day.  I glanced over to the table beside me .... need to get those photos out of storage!  There was a strange peace that came over me and I began to pray prayers of gratitude for all the blessings of the past couple weeks.  Ever find yourself so overcome with joy that you feel like you're going to burst?  Well, that's how I was feeling at that moment.

Sadie had been following me -- she laid beside the tub as I bathed, moved into the closet with me as I looked for my favorite pj's, and was laying at my feet as I read.  Her snoring made me giggle ... what a goof ball she is!  I was glad that her liver and thyroid meds are working and she is once again her old self.  All of a sudden, she stretched, yawned and gave me that "I need to go out" look.  I stood in the door of the cottage watching her do her business then turn to chasing bugs.  All I had to say was, "Come get your treat" and she came running back to me. 

It was time to go through my nightly routine (yes, mom, Ponds cold cream still works to take off  makeup!) and tuck us into bed.  We were able to put a twin sized bed in the corner of the main room of the cottage ... a perfect place for a nap on a lazy Sunday afternoon and for a good night's sleep!  I turned out the lights and Sadie decided that she would keep watch from the end of the bed.  Before I knew it, the sun was shining through the doors waking me from a deep sleep.  "Good Morning, world!"

I have been catching up on reading and writing this morning.  Give me a cup of coffee and my Daily Walk Bible and I am prepared to tackle the day!!  Am I a person who enjoys routine?  Sometimes yes ... sometimes, no.   I do find that without my coffee, Bible reading, and prayer, my days get rather tangled and I get rather disjointed.  Having Fibromyalgia has meant being more aware of my commitments and knowing that I may need extra rest.  Having Fibromyalgia has meant that I seize every opportunity to go and do when I am able.  Having Fibromyalgia has meant pushing myself to keep in shape physically, mentally, and spiritually.  Does having Fibromyalgia rule my life ... absolutely not!!  However, anyone with any type of chronic illness knows that awareness is important...

As for me and my house (cottage), we will serve the Lord!!  (Joshua 24:15)  I know, first hand, that the cottage is comfortable.  The only hitch I have found is where I placed the air conditioning unit.  I may need to do some rearranging of furniture.  This I know, the cottage will serve the purposes of the Lord.  It has already!

Enjoy your "Son"day!!

Miss Dottie

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are finally able to enjoy the cottage. You deserve a place to escape, meditate, and recharge. I can't wait to see it in person--possibly next summer... as it looks right now I will be a stay at home mom which will allow for more flexibility.

    Love ya~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete