Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Don't Like Change

July 22, 2014

Dear God,

A wonderful good morning to you, Lord. After a miserable night, I was so glad to greet the morning. This Fibro is really awful this week (the pain has dissipated some but the overwhelming tiredness lingers) and I am leaning on your promises and strength to stay positive and do what I can to make this day count.


"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."
~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (ESV)

I don't know why but as I was sitting here, I thought, "I don't like change." Now, this is coming from a lady who has moved umpteen times across the country, been through divorce, illness, surgeries, kids leaving home, changing careers, and on and on. It's true, I don't like change; however, I do embrace it when it presents itself. I'm not afraid of it, that's the good part.


My neighbor was laughing at me ... Last year I bought a comforter at Kohl's. I love that comforter. It's bright, washes easily, and makes me smile. A few months ago, we were at Kohl's and I saw a comforter just like it in the clearance bin. I snarfed that puppy up and giggled all the way to the cash register ~ I couldn't believe my purchase (at a garage sale price plus I had a coupon). Beverly looked at me and said, "You already have that comforter." I replied, "I know, but I love it and with the dogs tromping on it, it will wear out and I would need to find one I liked as well." She shook her head. I don't like change when it comes to something I really like.

Change is a big part of life and how we deal with change can make us or break us. The unseen is always blurry and even if we are looking forward, it's still an unknown. I'm so glad that I have You by my side knowing that if You are leading me in a certain direction, You have a purpose for me.


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9

I came here to North Central Texas knowing it was a good move and that You had ordained it. I was so busy the first year I was here getting settled that I didn't recognize the sadness that was creeping over me. My subconscious was grieving the move away from the area I had lived for so many years and leaving my son and family who were just minutes away. I've continued to stay busy but that overwhelming sadness finally reared it's ugly head, grabbed my attention, and took me to my knees.


Gratefulness: The decision to take part in the Farmer's Market here in town and to join a church that I absolutely love has been the catalyst that has moved me from sadness to gladness. I have purpose and a way of celebrating life with other believers. I am seeing with more of a clearness why You brought me here.


"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
~1 Thessalonians 5:18


Lord, I know there are some of my Readers who are facing changes ... some are making decisions, others have already taken the leap. I pray that You would give them peace in knowing that from the time we are born, You are preparing places for us. As my faith has deepened, I can see how my journey has taken me down the wide and winding roads. I've met new people and have bloomed and grown each step of the way. I ask that You bless and unveil yourself to those in the pits of life ~ uplift and renew their purpose. I know you have your hands outstretched and all they have to do is grab hold. I have a Facebook friend who is going through dialysis ~ what a treacherous road it's been for her. I lift her up and ask that you comfort her, giving her strength to move forward. Amen, dear Jesus, it is so...

Miss Dottie

NOTE TO READERS:  The door from the outside to the bathroom in the cottage is all window panes. The curtain I had up got mauled by 5 little rascals wanting outside in a hurry. A few days ago, I bit the bullet and ordered 6 different panels of sheers so I could replace it. The package came this morning and I excitedly opened the bag from Penney's. One by one, I hung the sheers. One was too see-through, one was too short, one too off-color, one was too ugly to even try, one looked like swiss cheese, and one fit perfectly as well as offering privacy day and night. Still ... I mourned the loss of my old sheer that I liked so much. Silly? I guess so.

Actually, I think I am pretty normal. We all feel safe in our ruts we call life and home is a place of familiarity and countless memories. The important thing to remember is that all things of this earth are temporary. Seasons come and go and what we considered horrible and a tragedy will be replaced with something else. What we do with our lives to better the world and fulfill our purpose that God put us on earth for ... now, that's living large. Nothing else really matters, does it.

Robert Shuller once said, "You will suddenly realize that the reason you never changed before was because you didn't want to."  Boy, that's the truth!!

Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!




1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, isn't variety the spice of life? Your blog makes me ponder....perhaps variety is best when it is purposely sought out. When life throws a wrench into the works it can be unsettling. I commend you for having a positive attitude and using the gifts available to you.

    XXOO~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete