Friday, June 29, 2012

Love comes to visit!

June 29, 2012


Good Morning, Readers!  Michael's daughter, Angie, and her children, Camden and Chloe were here visiting.  It's been such a joy having them share our lives at the little casa.  Miss Dottie has had more adventures to tuck into her heart!!


First let me explain ... My son is Tommy and my daughter-in-law is Angie.  Michael's daughter is Angie and her husband is Tommy.  Now isn't that a coinkydink?!  I had to clarify that for you, Readers, because you know I've written a lot about Tommy and Angie (A).

Love has no beginning and has no end ... it just is!  Getting to know Camden and Chloe is a blessing and it was hard to see them leave.  They arrived late afternoon on Wednesday and we've been on the go ever since.  Within minutes of arrival, Camden was getting Grandpa involved in a game of Chutes and Ladders.  Guess who won?!

I introduced them to the gardens and they've had fun looking for birds, squirrels, and bugs.  (they found a cricket in the Kohl's store yesterday, wrapped it in a paper, and released it in the garden when we got home).  Compassion at it's simple best!

Michael is famous for his pancakes.  Since he was getting ready for his job interview on Thursday morning, Chloe lent a hand in the kitchen.  Her pancake batter was of a perfect consistency -- what a chip off the old block!!  Even Camden, who doesn't usually like pancakes, scarfed them up!!  I think pancakes, eggs, and bacon will become a tradition when the kids come to the little casa.

Michael got me a Xbox for Christmas.  I like the dance games but the kids got a kick out of the other games.  We pushed the furniture to the sides of the room so they could have more space.  What fun to watch them -- hands, feet, and bodies moving all over the place.  Gosh, what energy they have!!

It's always such a joy for me to understand people and get a bead on what makes them tick.  Each of my grandchildren are so unique ... it's like having gifts wrapped in different packages trimmed with special bows.

Chloe is a tomboy.  She likes running, climbing the rock walls, the zoo, games, animals, and exploring.  Camden is expressive and animated.  If he and grandson Nicholas got together, they could raise the roof a notch or two!!  He is all boy and loves all the stuff boys do...  Miss Dottie is in pig heaven having them underfoot.

Isn't it the simple things of life that make our days so special?  The laugh of a child having fun trying to capture a bug ... the quietness of the night when they are winding down and enthrawled in a good book ... the morning when those little faces appear saying, "I'm hungry!"  The hugs, the "I love yous" ... the squeals ... even the tears!  We should observe children closely ... they teach us so much about living life.  They just are well, so real.

Life here at the little casa is pretty laid back.  Our neighborhood is quite a study in contrasts ... there are big gorgeous homes and some smaller homes (some fixed up and some rather run down) ... in the middle of us all is a pasture that holds horses and mules.  No kidding!  Since the kids have been tiny, they have loved to feed the critters in the pasture.  Today was no different!  Apples were sliced and the crew headed to the pasture.  The mules grabbed those apples right quick ... Camden and Chloe pulled up some fresh greens as dessert!  It's always fun to add a little walk on the wild side!!

Mom has a scratched cornea, some sores on her body that are having a tough time healing, and has had some duby duby down down days.  Visits from her granddaughter and great-grandchildren were just what the doctor ordered.  I am now doing her laundry since some of her favorite clothes have disappeared.  She gets very attached to her clothes (especially her sweaters) so we do our best to keep things on an even keel for her.

The house is so quiet ... too quiet.  As I move through the house getting things back in order, I find evidence of their visit ... memories of a little chair that folded out into a tiny bed ... I pick up my flip flop and picture Chloe trying them on ... "they fit!!"  I smile thinking my mother must have done the same thing when I visited with my three babies.  Generations come and go ... all we have left is the memories, the photos, the yearnings of a family in unity.  I don't know about yours but mine sure loves to look at photos from the time they were babies.

I am reading the Perry Stone book PURGING YOUR HOUSE, PRUNING YOUR FAMILY TREE.  I got it yesterday and have had a hard time putting it down.  I have been doing 40 days of prayer for some specific things going on in my family and had been asking for clarity and truth.  OMG, as I read through the pages, I found answers and wisdom.  I look forward to finishing the book tonight and will share my thoughts with you.

In the meantime, I am thankful for time with my family the past couple days.  I am thankful for the love that came to visit!!  It is my hope and prayer that they too found love at the little casa for this is where the soft gentle spirit of my Lord God resides.

Family - For Better or Worse.  We all have families and since God doesn't make mistakes, we need to claim them for what they are ... imperfect people doing the best they can.  Our families can contribute to our bitterness or make us rise to the top.  Fortunately, I have a family that is willing to do the tough work to prune our family tree and make it strong!!

Until another day ... I declare this prune your family tree day!  When love comes to visit your home, embrace it with all your might.  Believe me, it's worth it!!

Miss Dottie
  




  

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling! When you visit you emit energy and enthusiasm, so when you fly back to TX the house feels different. So interesting how some spirits bring positive energy and others add stress and negativity. I have an open door policy and family is always welcome, yet the door stays open a little longer for special family--like you!!

    Love ya,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete