Friday, January 25, 2013

Every day miracles...

January 25, 2013

Good Morning!

The start of 2013 has been fraught with illness, my fall, and Mom's passing.  Talk about a stressful month so far.  I went in to see the doctor  yesterday regarding the injuries from my fall.  My face has been swollen and my neck and shoulder aching like crazy.  He sent me over to the hospital for MRI's of my shoulder, head, and cervical spine ... I was on the table in that little tube for almost 2 hours.  By the time I emerged, I was in tears and the technician's, "I'm so sorry it took so long" didn't ease my pain.  I go back for the results next Tuesday ~~ I''m not supposed to do any strenuous activity until test results are in.  Hmmm...  That's a tough one for me!

We all experience days when we need encouragement more than other days and today might be that day for you just like yesterday was for me.  I have found the Bible to be the source of truth and can uplift and encourage me through hard times.  My computer is a God-send, allowing me to plug in whatever I am going through and it will select Bible verses for me.  If I read through these encouraging words slowly and allow God to work them into my heart, I am consoled, encouraged, and uplifted to keep on keepin' on! 


"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'"~~ Isaiah 41:10

I thought about that Bible verse as I lay in the tube with the banging going on about me.  "Do not fear, for I am with you."  I told myself not to open my eyes and be panicked by the isolation of the enclosed tube.  I knew that God was with me and that this was necessary for an accurate diagnosis.  Since I am VERY CLAUSTROPHOBIC, it was a miracle in itself that I could complete one test let alone three!

Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... Look about you for the miracles in your own lives.  I promise you, they're there!

Miss Dottie

PS  “We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery.” ~~ HG Wells



1 comment:

  1. Such comforting words --love the quote at the end....think I'll write that one down!

    XXOO~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete