Sunday, February 23, 2014

REFRESH & CLARIFY

February 23, 2014

Dear God,

I am adding readers (all over the world) at a rapid rate so every now and then I like to clarify what my blog purpose is:


My blogs are a reflection of my memories, values, thoughts, prayers, and reflections. I do not publish stories about other people using their names unless I have their permission ~ I always request that they send me their stories in writing so that I do not embellish or take away from their importance.  If I blog about someone I've met, I change the name to secure their anonymity. My blog purpose is to put my arms around others across the globe sharing my love for them through Jesus Christ. I write as I am led speaking sometimes in imperfectness as far as proper English goes. For so many years I lived in a world where I had to be perfect and I don't worry about that anymore. I'm not the best writer in the world; however, it is my aim to speak in simple terms and a way that everyone can understand.

My mission statement:  Lead the kind of life that ignites passion, love, humility, and righteousness; then, let others light their candles from it. Feeling empowered and hopeful!

Throughout the years my passions have changed with the seasons of life. I think that is a healthy way to live. In retirement, my pleasures revolve around family, friends, gardening, traveling the back roads to interesting places, blogging, writing children's stories, and, of course, bringing the nourishment of love, care, and security to the lives of the Fabulous 5!!  I have wanted to leave my legacy in written form so that years from now my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren will know who I was and what I stood for. I will be publishing my 4th blog book for 2013.


My theme in 2014 is REFRESH ~ I felt the need to be refilled with what has made me the woman I am today. What you see (and read) is totally selfishly me. I live by the principles in the Bible, confess my sins, atone, and keep my slates clean. I listened to a sermon this morning given by Keith Craft, Pastor of Elevate Life Church in Frisco, TX and realized that I need to get plugged in to a family of believers finding three other people to walk beside me. I've been way too cut off since moving to small town Texas and I am recognizing how stifled I have felt. There is a reason why I should attend church and that has become more blatantly obvious each and every day. Although I watch sermons on TV, it's just not the same as being a part of the worship that goes before and after a sermon.

So, my dear Lord, I ask your guidance as I venture out this day. Go before me bringing those whose lives I can touch in areas only you know. It's a beautiful day, the sun is out, and temperatures are climbing into the comfortable 70's. Thank you for the opportunity to reach so many ~ may they be encouraged knowing that if I could rise up from the traumas of life they can too.

Amen.


Miss Dottie


Note to Readers: If you've never thought of writing down your story, I would encourage you to do so. I have written in journals for years which has helped me maintain more accurate knowledge of the events that occurred in my life. Don't be afraid of what people might think remembering that the stinkiest fertilizer makes the most beautiful roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment