Monday, February 24, 2014

The Power of the Human Spirit

Lead the kind of life that ignites passion, love, humility, and righteousness; then, let others light their candles from it.
Feeling empowered and hopeful. 

February 24, 2014

Dear God,

Good Morning, LORD!! I decided that I would put my mission statement at the top of each of my blogs for awhile BECAUSE I needed to be reminded of my own purpose in this life. Right now, I need FOCUS!

LORD, I am looking out the french doors of the cottage, Kennedy and Zeke are closely planted at my sides. They remind me that I have a purpose and miles to go before I leave this earth. As I gaze out into the back yard I am searching for hints that Spring is awakening the Iris and Roses.

There is this deep pain inside of me that doesn't want to budge. I listen to my favorite music, read your word, and do everything I know to do to get rid of it. It's hard to describe but it almost feels like grief and mourning. I have learned to deeply feel my emotions rather than stuffing them so that I am able to identify and deal with them; so, unless you, LORD, have other ideas, that's what I will do now. Just as I wrote this last sentence, Psalm 34:18 came to mind: "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." For some reason, this gave me instant peace. Thank you!

It is so good to be able to walk through the valley knowing that soon I will be climbing another mountain. I've heard that depression is that loss of hope. I don't think I've ever felt that complete loss of hope ~ I just know that life has many twists and turns, ups and downs, and, in the end, I will be in Heaven.  NOW THAT'S HOPE!!

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance, perserverance character, and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die." ~Romans 5:2-7

I can't that that I rejoice in my sufferings ~ no one in their right mind invites suffering. However, I know that out of my deepest sufferings has been birthed some pretty awesome things.

It helps me write down my thoughts because, in the end, I am able to sift through the rubble and make something beautiful of it. When I think about Romans 5, I am reminded once again that you sent Jesus to die (not for the righteous) for the sinner. Would I give my life to save a hardened criminal? Food for thought for all of us. I have no time for a lengthy pity party.

Father God in Heaven, this is Monday morning, the start of a new day and a new week. Just talking to you helps me bring life into perspective. I cannot solve all the problems of the world nor can I solve all the problems of those I love and care about. What I can do is stay grounded in You; believe that, in the end, everything will be ok; and, pray.

Once again this morning, I listened to The Anchor Holds sung by Ray Bolz. It is who I am and I sing it with him. Yep, my sails may be battered but the anchor holds me in place ~ always has, always will. I hope my Readers will listen to the video because they will know my source of strength.



Move in me my holy God and move in the hearts of my Readers refueling us all with hope, wisdom, and Godly choices. You are our foundation, our anchor, our compass in life. Grant us all that extra measure of strength opening doors that need to be opened and shutting those that need to remain not only closed but sealed. Your Divine Majesty, you are King, Redeemer, Savior, Healer. Lift us all from the paths of the evil ones who lurk about. Put a hedge of protection around all whose lives I touch with my blog and my life. We are family ~ for better or worse.

Amen and Amen, it is so.

Miss Dottie

NOTE TO READERS: My very first blog was "Don't You Quit." I'm not going to quit and don't you quit either. Together let's raise holy hands and walk this road of life singing, dancing. You'll recognize me ~ I'm the little lady with the Fabulous 5. We may be standing at the fork in the road but rest assurred, whichever road we take we'll be spreading joy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment