Thursday, February 20, 2014

Yawn

February 20, 2014

Dear God,

I CAN'T SLEEP! Maybe too much Zero Coke too late in the day? Or, was it that 2 hour nap I took yesterday from 2 to 4pm? At any rate, I figured I might as well, do some clickety clacking on my computer and chat with you.

The wind is really blowing. Between the wind and the owls in the trees, it sounds rather ominous out there. Glad I am safely tucked in the cottage for the night. I just love the sounds of nature ~ it's almost soothing just to close my eyes and concentrate on how many different sounds I can identify and picture in my mind. Once when I was in San Diego, I opened the window and could hear the sound of the waves crashing on the shore ... what a distinct sound (and smell!). Funny how I still remember that.

Later...  Zzzzz I finally fell asleep about 3:30am. I figured my furry kids would be up early and they didn't disappoint me. I looked at Kennedy and said, "Really?" Kennedy is a very easy going pooch EXCEPT when he's gotta go and when he's hungry. He has the loudest bark and he doesn't quit barking until my feet hit the floor and we are out the door to the back yard. Anyway, I got a cup of strong hot coffee, fed the crew, and headed out to the back patio to wake up while they all played, watered the bushes, and did their business. I love to watch them ... they are like busy little bees buzzing here and there. I had filled up the bird feeder and they were fascinated by all the birds.

Nature calls
1st Rescue Adoption ~Kennedy


Nap time! ~Miss Dottie & Toby
I must say, I do have a pack of lazy critters. They all like to play and chase but then, bam(!) they are out like lights for their naps. I have 5 cuddle bunnies that love to sit on my lap and right next to me. On days like today when I am feeling pretty tired and have lots of neck and back pain, they are such a comfort. There is something so soothing about stroking them and feeling their presence. I certainly never have to worry about being cold with 5 little furry kids around me!

RIP Marty
See you in Heaven!
God? You still there? I know you are, I was just checking! I know I tell you every day how glad I am that you are with me 24/7. A few days ago, I got the news that another classmate had passed away. I've gotten so many of those notices lately and with each one I feel this sense of realization that time is winding down for me as well. My father's mother and sisters all lived very long productive lives so I am hoping that I inherited those strong Norwegian womanly genes! I feel this sense of urgency to make that trip to Minnesota in September to join my friends for our high school reunion. It is a straight shot for me to get on 35W and head north to Minneapolis then northwest to central Minnesota. I may take 3 days to drive up to give my neck and back plenty of rest time. See, I'm already plotting and planning! I have such wonderful amazing friends and I can't wait to share some laughs, a little wine (or maybe a cool Tangueray and Tonic!), and a whole lotta song. My last visit was Summer 2011 and I had so much fun I could hardly contain myself!!!

Miss Dottie - Age 5
Night before last, my mind was birthing new memories that were quite disturbing. They were of when I was quite young. I woke up in a sweat gasping for air. I prayed for clarity but that only brought frustration. What are the parts of my memory that are so locked up in the corners of my mind? The childhood trauma therapist I saw said that you, God, would uncover only what I could handle. Maybe so. Oh, so many times I wish my mother was here to help me answer my questions. I yearn for truth and light. The little girl inside me that was so damaged needs to peel another skin off the onion of life and do another round of healing. I sense it coming.

"Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long." ~Psalm 25:5

2nd Adoption ~ Zeke
You know, Lord, how much I love my dogren. A year ago, I began my quest to adopt a rescue and ended up with four of them. I seem to understand them and all I want is to make their years comfortable knowing they are loved. They were castaways to someone else but they mean the world to me. We have this deal ... I love them warts, bumps, and all and they are my devoted companions never leaving my side when I am with them. You also know, Lord, how much I love my children and grandchildren. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them. I don't see them often and get very lonely so I thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing Kennedy, Zeke, Harmony, and Ruffles to my home (literally) for adoption.

3rd & 4th Adoptions
Harmony (L) & Ruffles (R)
A Bonded Pair


Today, needs to be a day of rest. My body is so tired ~ my muscles and bones are screaming. I ask for your divine healing for my body, mind, and soul. I also ask you to heal those that are reading my blog. As I go through Facebook posts, I pray for those in need and bring them before you. There are many more who are hurting so wrap your arms around them and enlightening them as to who you are ... God almighty! For those who are joyful, help them to spread that joy like jam on warm toast. For those who are in power, grant them wisdom and Godly character. I get the goosies every time I think about all those Readers I don't know who I will meet in Heaven. Thank you, Father God, for all you do for me ~ while you're at it, can you lift the right side of the casa up 3"? He he... If you can move mountains, you can do that little thing!! Faith! Faith! Faith can move a mountain ... I can do all things through you who strengthens me to be more and do more than I ever thought possible. Feeling pumped!!

Amen.

Miss Dottie

PS  Note to Readers: I came across this quote by JC Ryle and have been meditating on it this afternoon. Much food for thought.

"Never let us be guilty of sacrificing any
portion of truth on the altar of peace."





No comments:

Post a Comment