Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Who carries you?

Lead the kind of life that ignites passion, love, humility, and righteousness; then, let others light their candles from it.


February 25, 2014

Dear God,


Life is filled with sink holes too!
Rain! It's really raining here today. Whoopie! I won't need to haul hoses and my plants will get lots of old fashioned nourishment.

I had a powerful rest last night after many nights of nightmares that would leave me tired and opening my eyes one at a time to see if it was safe to get up. Thank you! It is so time to really get down in the trenches and REFRESH my spirit and sense of direction. To stand still in the midst of a sink hole is just downright craziness.


I learn so much from my sweet Fabulous 5. If my Readers are pet lovers, they know what I am talking about. My furry kids get up in the morning with so much energy and life. When I open the back door to the cottage, they bolt out at warp speed ready to greet the day. The only time they (screech) put the brakes on is if it is raining. Then, they stand at the door looking at me as if to say, "Fix it!" Sometimes a sweater or jacket will help them weather the inclement weather, sometimes not and they head for the potty pad. They're not stupid!


This morning, they really had me in stitches because they heard brother Toby outside and it was "game on." Zeke, Kennedy, and Toby chased each other like their lives depended on who could reach the back fence first. Harmony and Ruffy meandered about sniffing and digging in the beds next to the cottage. There is something (almost like catnip if they were cats) that drives them crazy. I sat on my chair, sipping coffee, and watching all the shenanigans going on about me. Every now and then I needed to remind Zeke to stay in the fence (thank you LORD that I only have one escape artist out of the five!). I wish I could find a red fire hydrant to put in the gardens ~ some of my plants really take a beating when they line up and take aim. Oh the joys of pawrenting 3 little guys! I am grateful every day for their uniqueness and the joy they bring me.

I feel a deep responsibility for my furry kids. I am the one they depend on for their safety, love, and discipline. I carry them when they are fearful, hurt, or headed for trouble. There are times when they nestle in putting their heads against my heart; and, then there are times when they want their own way and are kicking and growling at me wigging to get down. No matter, I decide what is best in keeping them safe and out of harm's way.


Who carries me? Often times, family and friends do offering prayers and encouragement. But, most of all YOU carry me. I depend on you for my safety, love, discipline, and instruction through interactive prayer, the Bible, and bringing wise people into my life. There are times when I picture myself putting my head against your heart and feeling your arms about me. Other times, I am kicking and screaming at you telling you, "It's just not fair!" At any rate, you are ultimately in control and know what's best to keep me safe and out of harm's way.


As I begin a new day, I raise holy hands to you praying for an infilling of direction and perseverance. My Readers need that too, LORD. As they begin their new days encourage them and shower them with miracles seen and unseen. I rest in knowing that you are working behind the scenes as the greatest maestro of all time. What beautiful music you make!! Where there is rebellion, remove the pain and allow hearts to turn to you. Where there is disappointment offer hope and a new way. Remove the barriers that separate family members moving them closer to understanding rather than striking out either verbally or in passive aggressive ways. Move LORD, move!!! As I raise cups of prayers, send your mightiest army to earth to save and secure your people. (As I am praying, I am envisioning the flooding of the skies with angels dressed in modern day clothing) Prepare us for battle equipping us with every weapon imaginable for we live in perilous times.

Amen, it is so.

Miss Dottie


NOTE TO READERS:  Feeling energized and pumped. How about you? Do me a favor, look up into the heavens and just say, "Thank you." That's all, just a simple thank you. Now, take on your day!! Talk with you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment