Friday, February 25, 2011

Family ... Bittersweet Times


Jane, Katrina, Dottie, Madison
This evening has been bitter sweet.  Isn't life that way though?  You just never know what can happen from one moment to the next.  We had all been looking forward to spending some time together.  Jane has been working 50+ hour weeks as a pharmacist and now has 3 days off in a row!  Woo Hoo!  It was definitely time for three generations to enjoy an evening of relaxation and laughter!!


Madison & Grandma
Tonight we went to Benedetto's for some wonderful Italian food.  The atmosphere was quite romantic with the piano player singing and playing Frank Sinatra oldies.  We all got dressed up and had a very festive evening!  I took lots of photos and when I came home, I realized that I hadn't put my memory card in my camera.  Bummers!  Thank goodness, Jane had her camera so we got a few good photos.  My old camera lets me know when I forget to put the card in and my new one doesn't.  I depend so much on photos to tell my stories, I won't forget ever again! 


Michael & Mom S
When I walked in my room, my phone was ringing.  It was the nursing home letting me know that Mom S's oxygen levels were too low and they couldn't get them up plus she was having trouble breathing.  I gave them permission to take her to the Emergency Room and called Michael.  He was at the new members Orientation Meeting at church and had his phone turned off.  He is calling Town Hall and will call me back ... now, I wait.

This evening is a reminder to live in the now because you really don't know what's ahead.  Appreciate every moment with those you love.  It's okay to have dessert and to splurge on a meal  
prepared by a distinguished chef. 

It's been such a long while since I've dined at such an exquisite restaurant.  My tummy is full!!

Jane & Tim
Tomorrow morning, Jane and Tim are running a 15K.  Tim has been struggling with a bad back all week so we'll see how he does.  I wanted to be there at the finish line with my arms open wide to welcome them in but looks like Grandma "." will be on Katrina watch duty.  I was there when Jane ran her first marathon ... I followed her in the car and welcomed her across the finish line.  Some things in my kid's lives, I'm just NOT going to miss.

Katrina just came into my room.  She is so funny.  We looked at some old photos of me and there are some resemblances ... it's fun to see the parts of us that get passed on to our children and grandchildren.  She told me she thought we should go swimming tomorrow morning.  Sounds like a plan.  Maddy was next to come in ... gosh, I love that girl.  She has cheerleading competition tomorrow and Sunday.  Tim is going tomorrow and Jane and I will go Sunday. 

On the way home from the restaurant tonight, Jane had the car radio cranked up and she and Tim sang to "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman.  I thought about the love I have for my family and friends and for the Lord who keeps me safe and sane ... I will never let go!!  If you're struggling with someone or something hang on tight to the one who makes everything come out okay ... no matter what!

 



 Good night, everyone ... I hope that all of you have had a wonderful day.  Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... ya you!!



Family dinner at Benedetto's!  Cheers!!




 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun evening.... I just realized that I have said that a lot during your visit. Our energy, and spirit must liven people up because everyone is so receptive and helpful. I love it!

    It is fun to experience events with people (like you) who appreciate and 'get into it'. Food, shopping, theater, books, etc. are fun to share with those who gain energy from life.

    Keep being yourself-
    XXOO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete