Monday, February 21, 2011

Family is about togetherness...

Dottie & Katrina
It has been another wonderful day in my visit to Florida.  I woke up this morning to a fresh mocha coffee from Starbucks compliments of my son in law, Tim.  I did my Bible study out in the lanai and felt so refreshed.

Katrina & Stephen

I am amazed at how invigorated I feel!  Each day has been a gift!  Since it was President's Day, the girls were off school and we headed for the beach at Clearwater.  Katrina met a little boy, Stephen, and they spent lots of time building sandcastles.  The water was so clear and the sand a beautiful color of white.  The beach was really crowded but we did find room to spread out and enjoy the afternoon.


Maddy & Gabby
 Madison brought her friend, Gabby, along ... they were into some serious tanning!  I am thoroughly enjoying meeting Madison's friends.  Great bunch of girls!  It was nice to sit and chat with Tim and reconnect.  He's a great husband and dad and I am blessed to have him come into the family.

Speaking of Tim: he hurt his back lifting Teddy into his truck when he went to get my coffee this morning and his pain has steadily gotten worse.  Funny though how God meets our every need.  Madison's friend, Gabby's dad is a chiropractor and when they picked up Gabby tonight, he told Tim to come in to his office tomorrow.  I am praying for a speedy healing!


The beginning of a great meal!
 I got to take charge of the kitchen tonight and prepare Swedish Meatballs and all the fixins.  It's Jane's favorite and I always make enough for her to nosh on.  I'll bet she will be headed for the refrigerator to have meatballs for breakfast tomorrow am!  We ate by candlelight out in the lanai and had a great time.  After we cleaned up, Jane and I took Cricket for her walk and had some together time.  We are thinking that Thursday would be a good time for the two of us to go out...  I think that's a good idea!

You know there's something special about the togetherness of family ... me  and Michael, our children and spouses, and their children.  The more the merrier.  We are all different but that way we can share ideas, learn from one another, and experience the closeness of feeling needed, wanted, respected, and to be of support to one another.  We're not codependent but interdependent, each of us bringing something special to the "mix"!  Love it!!

I am getting sleepy ... tomorrow's another day.  The girls will be back in school and I am going to park myself out in the lanai and work on Hamilton Elf's first book.  I still need to find an illustrator and am praying for that special person who can capture my characters and make them bigger than life.



Always remember you are loved and prayed for
... YA YOU!!




The pond where the alligator lives!


From Psalm 23: "He leads me beside still waters and restores my soul..."  May the Lord God lead you and comfort you ... may His face shine upon you and give you peace!




  

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh my gosh!!! love the photos! You have such a great eye and the pictures really add depth to your blog.

    You are spot on....had meatballs for breakfast AND dinner. Beyond delicious...thank you- thank you- thank you!

    Yes, Mom and Daughter date night on Thursday; we'll have to go to Benedetto's. French onion soup is calling us.

    On to the next blog-

    XXOO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete