Friday, February 25, 2011

Family is about Living a Dream!

Ready for School
Good Morning, Readers!  Another beautiful day in sunny Florida.  I make sure I am up early to give Katrina a hug and a "have a good day" before school.  She looked especially beautiful today as you can see from the photo to the left.  Family is and always has been such an important part of my heart and soul.  It's something that money can't buy and you don't know how wonderful it is until you experience it.  I am living my dream in reality!!







Clearwater Beach
I am writing from my perch in the lanai.  The birds are singing magically today and I am drinking in the beauty around me.  God truly has created a wonderland ... not only in North Texas but in this area of Florida as well.  I don't know about you but, when I think about it, I've thought everywhere I've been has offered something beautiful in the terrain.  God has given us such beauty to behold!


I have been reading in Deuteronomy for several days and have now, moved on to Joshua.  In Joshua 5:13-15 it is written:  "As Joshua was sizing up the city of Jericho, a man appeared nearby with a drawn sword.  Joshua strode over to him and demanded, 'Are you friend or foe?'  'I am the Commander-in-Chief of the Lord's army,' he replied.  Joshua fell to the ground and worshiped him and said, 'Give me your commands.'  'Take off your shoes,' the Commander told him, 'for this is holy ground.'  And Joshua did."  Today, look down at your feet ... you ARE standing on holy ground.  We live in a world created by the almighty.  Give him honor for the land beneath your feet! 




Sooo Pretty!
Last night, Jane and I took Katrina to gymnastics then decided to do a little outdoor mall walking.  Of course in window shopping we spied some tempting clothing and jewelry and decided to "touch"!  Well, you know what happens when you "touch"!!!  Jane found some wonderful clothes for work and play and she generously bought me a Brighton necklace and earrings.  It was fun to hug and laugh and just spend some mother/daughter time.  My love language is quality time so it was especially fun for me whether we bought anything or not.  The stores weren't very busy so we had clerks all to ourselves.  What fun chatting with them, wishing them well and thanking them for their personal service.


Do I need to photoshop Cricket?  Off to the vet!
 This morning, Tim and I are taking Oscar (cat), Cricket and Teddy to the vet.  When, I said that this family is continually on the go, I meant it.  I am finding that their energy fills me and I am less tired and want to be a part of that action.  They are good people.  Selfishly, to see the fruits of my parenting is so awesome.  God has blessed me with some awesome children and grandchildren!!

I giggled this morning when I started reading my DW Bible ... On my "Your Daily Walk" section, it said, "There is a special place for people without problems -- it's called a cemetery."  Joshua 12:7-24 lists 31 of General Joshua's victories, each achieved in the strength of the Lord.  How many victories have you enjoyed in your lifetime?  The use of your tongue?  Money?  Relationships with your spouse or parents?  Your time?  Church?  Family?  Temper?  Addictions?  I thank God that my progress in so many areas has been strong and ongoing.  I take it one day at a time and one step at a time and that works for me!!

As I have mentioned in past blogs, one of my favorite shows is Criminal Minds.  One of my favorite characters has left the show and here is a quote that stuck with me: 

"I'm thankful for my years spent with this family; for everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I'll take the best of them and lead by their example; where ever I go. A friend told me to be honest with you, so here it goes. This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or I don't want to walk around angry. Or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept; things we don't want to know, but have to learn, and people we can't live without, but have to let go.".~~AJ Cook spoken by JJ


Why has this stayed with me?  Maybe because in my 63 years, I am so very thankful for time spent with family and friends who have come and gone.  In Alanon, I learned to "take what you can use and leave the rest."  To live unselfishly ... to take the high road ... to be submissive and obedient to those in authority over me (God, my husband) ... to accept the things I really didn't want to know but have had to learn.  To let go of  those that I love but knew it was necessary to do so...  This has been my life in a nutshell.

By the grace of God, I am sitting here this day doing exactly what I am passionate about ... writing for the common man and living within the most wonderful family God could have put on this earth.  What more could I ask for?

Ever heard the old adage, "problems are opportunities turned inside out"?  Well, it's true ... Just like the battle of Jericho, sound your trumpets and shout Amen!  Come on, put those hands together and sing along!!!



Have a wonderful day ... Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Our evening out was so much fun. Your necklace looks very pretty on you and it blends well with so many of your outfits. I'm glad I get to spend time with you as well. You have paid it back 10 fold--folding towels, shirts, pants, skirts, etc. :0) Tim and I REALLY appreciate all of the help you have given during your visit. The homemade food, quality time you spend with the girls, positive attitude, and over-flowing love is a joy to be around!! Let's make everyday count-

    XXOO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete