Saturday, February 19, 2011

Family is about connecting...



It's 6:15am & I'm headed for Florida!
 
This morning, I rolled out of bed at 4:30 in preparation for my flight to Tampa, Florida.  I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.  It's been 2 years since I've seen my daughter and her family which is wayyyy too long.  It's going to one of those memory-making days!!


When I got to the airport, I just sat down to wait and they called my name to come to the counter.  I thought, "What in the world?"  The plane was full and there was a lady who wanted to sit by her daughter and they wanted to know if I would change seats.  No problem...  The lady was so appreciative as was the gate agent...  I didn't think it was such a big deal but evidently they did ... I got thanked (by name) when I boarded as well.  Random acts of kindness pay off ... I had forgotten my mouse where I had been sitting and another woman called me (by name) and said, "Here, you forgot this."  No small act of kindness goes unrewarded.


The plane ride was uneventful and finding my way to the tram and down to baggage was easy enough.  And, there I was met by my precious granddaughter, Katrina, and son in law, Tim.  Oh goodness, those hugs felt so good.  Tim whisked us off to granddaughter, Madison's cheerleading practice.  I got chills all over just watching them perform.  From practice we headed to Panera Bread for a delicious lunch then headed for the house.


Hamilton Elf is enjoying the pool in Florida!
 Tim and Jane are having a date night tonight so Grandma has the girls (plus 2 friends) all to herself.  I am in pig heaven!  I will be doing book 1 of the Hamilton Elf Series so I will be busy with that during the week while Jane & Tim are busy with their jobs.  My room is so beautiful ... I feel like I am at a 5 star hotel with my own suite!


Teddy, Tim, Cricket
 Tim,Jane, and the girls have become a foster home for Corgi's.  Yesterday, they picked up Theodore Roosevelt "Teddy".  Teddy is an amazing Corgi ... so well behaved and quite a charmer.  I can tell already that he was wormed his way into their hearts.  Enough for them to adopt him?  Stay tuned!!  Teddy deserves a wonderful home!


Madison & Cricket

Tonight at dinner, I talked with Madison and her friend, Alena about doing an interview for my blog.  There is my generation, her mother's generations, and then, Madison's generation.  They think differently, act differently and have definite opinions.  Stay tuned for that blog as well.





Kids say the darnedest things.  Since they have a pool and spa, I figured I'd better look into bringing a bathing suit.  Well, I must have tried on a bazillion suits and settled on one that fit versus style.  I was unpacking this afternoon and Katrina came in as I was putting the bathing suit away.  She said, "Grandma, what's that?"  I replied, "My bathing suit."  She held up the bottom of the suit and said, "Well, Grandma, that's the fanciest thing I've ever seen." (In a real Southern drawl)  I smiled, grabbed her, and gave her one of those Grandma hugs and kisses that expresses deep gratitude for making me feel special.  This grandma is soaking up all the hugs and kisses, she can!!

You know, family truly is about connecting!  Just when I think about things being status quo ... something pops up that changes the whole picture of my life and my family.  My son is finding himself and has such focus ... he'll be going back to college soon to get a degree in his passion ... intervention and addiction counseling.  I just love to listen to him talk about his family, how the Lord is working in his life and his new found dream.  We can be so honest with each other and really listen to understand rather than judge.

Daughter, Jane, and her family are busy, busy, busy.  Tim and Jane work as a team in raising Katrina and Madison and are doing an amazing job.  The girls are thriving in an atmosphere of love.  Katrina told me today that her mom and dad were the bread and she and her sister were the peanut butter and jelly.  They feel so secure in knowing mom and dad are one.  Is life perfect for them?  Heck no ... but, somehow they make their lives connect one with the other!  I am just grateful to be here to be a part of the action!

It's time for me to sign off and go be grandma!  I'll leave you with a song to warm your heart ... Somewhere ... A new beginning ... Take my hand and let's travel this road of life together!  Always remember you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!













1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are getting to see a piece of our lives. It is an honor to share it with you. The girls love having you here and so do Tim and I. You are special through and through!!

    XXOO-
    Jane

    ReplyDelete