Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family is about keeping your word!

Good afternoon, Readers!  It is another beautiful day here in Wesley Chapel, Florida.  I was up with the chickens this morning and headed to Madison's cheerleading competition in St. Petersburg.  It was a "long sit" but I was so proud watching Madison and her friends perform.



Madison, Alena, Nichole
 Last night, I was invited to join Madison and her friends, Alena and Nichole.  We watched Step It Up 3.  Then, the girls decided I needed to learn a few new dance steps.  What fun!  These girls have so much energy ... I was just glad that I was here to be a part of the action.



Madison in full makeup!
I couldn't be more proud of my second granddaughter.  She is very spirited and people oriented.  I haven't seen her in 2 years which has been way too long.  Kids change a lot in a short period of time!!  We've always had a special connection and thank God, that has never wavered in spite of the span of distance and time.
 
As I have said before, I try to think of a word or thought, then build my blog from there.  Yesterday, I was thinking about the one thing I can give and still keep which is my word.  I am a very literal person, so when someone promises me something, I am thinking they are giving me their bond which always hasn't been the case.  Seems so often there are strings attached to everything these days.  I hate that!  I prefer simplicity!!

Hypocrisy results when someone's walk doesn't correspond with their talk.  When someone's performance doesn't match what has been professed,  people are forced to conclude that they are living a lie; i.e., when you claim to have faith in God but your life is void of works of faith (James 2:14).  In other words what you do speaks so loud it doesn't matter what you say.

Lately, I have been more aware of the promises I have made to others, to Michael, my children and grandchildren...  How about you?  Have you been lax in making your word your honor?  God has been and is faithful in who he is and what he is about.  I am reading in Joshua and in Chapter 21:43-45 it tells of the promises God made to the Israelites.  "So in this way the Lord gave to Israel all the land he had promised to their ancestors, and they went in and conquered it and lived there.  And the Lord gave them peace, just as he had promised, and no one could stand against then; the Lord helped them destroy all their enemies.  Every good thing the Lord had promised them came true."

Is there a person you know who is still waiting for you to fulfill your promise to them?  Is there a big discrepancy between your walk and your talk?  A promise or a covenant with another is a very important thing.  Food for thought!

Today, there were so many different cheerleading groups competing for "First Place."  It has taken a lot of commitment and practice for these girls to get to where they are.  They did a phenomenal job coming home with a 4th place plaque.  I didn't realize how involved it was to be a "cheerleader".  Family involvement is also so important.  I felt myself getting lifted up with all the energy coming from the supporters and the cheerleaders on the floor.  They had a group of special needs cheerleaders that gave an amazing performance ... they were so cute as they did their performance.  Each flip, cartwheel, lift and step was carefully rehearsed and, oh goodness, what smiles they had!  The cheerleaders couldn't just say, "Trust me, I'm good."  They had to prove it by their actions! 

Jane & Tim
Tonight, we are all worn out.  Funny how just sitting around makes me more tired than being active.  While we were at the cheerleading competition, Tim fixed a wonderful Irish Stew.  Yum!  I'm afraid that I am being spoiled royally ... ah, it feels soooo good.  I do for them ... they do for me ... it works!!



Madison & Jane
  My mind is on rewind as I remember the day's events and the love shared.  Family truly is about keeping your word, giving support and appreciating each other's talents and gifts!  So many memory-making moments today!!

As you end your day and I end mine, I wish you the promises of my Lord, laughter, and the blessings of family.

Always remember, you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!



Way to go Stars!




 



          

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! Way to go stars--so proud of Madison, all the athletes, and parents for enduring 8 hours of sitting to see their "princess" perform for 2 minutes. Mom, thanks for being there..means a lot to Madison and to me as well.

    I would love to get a little of your dancing on video. --Get your groove on ;0)

    XXOO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete