Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family...You're not alone!

Good Afternoon, Readers!  Welcome to my world in Wesley Chapel, Florida!  What a gorgeous day we are having.  I started out my morning with coffee on the front porch and got some vitamin D!


Moses blessing Joshua
 As usual, I had some time with the Lord and thought about my blog.  I read Deuteronomy 1-4 and there were several verses that popped out at me.  The Lord was talking to Moses and He gave him this promise in verse 22:  "Don't be afraid of the nations there, for the Lord your God will fight for you."  Boy, that's true for us today ... as Christians, the Lord fights for us.  We're not alone.  Whatever trials we face, He is there beside us.  What comfort!

In Chapter 4:9, the Lord gives us additional advice:  "But watch out!  Be very careful never to forget what you have seen God doing for you.  May his miracles have a deep and permanent effect upon your lives!  Tell your children and your grandchildren about the glorious miracles He did."  It is so important to share our life's stories with our families.  We need to be real relating our struggles and victories.  If you've never journaled, I would encourage you to do so.  You will learn a lot about yourself and the world around you.

Tim is heating up the pool ... yea!  Will be time to relax and enjoy a float.  Maybe, I can convince someone to take me to the pool store so I can get a floating chair!  Ah, I do miss having a pool at our home in North Texas!  I have 2 books I want to finish while I am here and that would be a perfect place to read!!


Jane, Cricket, Katrina, Madison, Tim, Teddy
 We enjoyed a trip to the dog park this morning.  It was fun to watch all the dogs interact and see the different breeds of dogs that are in Florida versus Texas.  Cricket and Teddy had fun and we did too.



Next to the dog park was a beautiful pond covered with lilies.  Madison and I took a walk out on the dock.  We experimented with my camera and she set it up on a timer so it would take a photo of us.  Pretty cool!  Our teenagers are pretty savvy!  (I saw the alligator at the pond today - I am determined to get a photo of him before I leave!)

Jane, Katrina, Dottie
The foliage here is beautiful.  As a gardener, I am always so taken by beautiful flowers, trees, and shrubbery.  There was a pet cemetery adjacent to the dog park.  It was filled with beautiful statues and monuments to beloved pets.  I would have liked to photograph the cemetery but the gates were padlocked.  Maybe another day it will be open.

I am also passionate about the ocean and look forward to taking a nice walk along a sandy shore.  I know that I will not run out of things to do while I am here.

You know, God just seems to know when I need something or someone and I am so appreciative of His constant vigil.  This vacation came at a time when I really needed it.  In just one day, I feel invigorated and more positive about the world around me.  Psalm 13:5-6 says it best:  "But I will always trust in you and in your mercy and shall rejoice in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord because He has blessed me so richly."

I hope and pray that this is a good day for all of you ... My heart is filled with love and gratefulness!  Thank you to Jane, Tim, Madison, Katrina, Oscar, Cricket and Teddy for making me feel so at home!  Until tomorrow ... How Great Is My God...sing with me ...

  

 

  

1 comment:

  1. We've have made some really great times since you arrived just a few short days ago. Imagine what will fill your blog over the next few weeks. It'll go by fast, so we'll have to enjoy every moment.

    You put one of my favorite songs on your blog. It brings back memories of our church in Battle Creek. I miss having a weekly event to praise God with other people. We have not found a church home in Florida and it is definitely something that Tim and I search for--for us and for our girls.

    XXOO-
    Jane

    ReplyDelete