Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3, 2010

Dorothy "Dottie" & Michael  & 7 Year Old Grandson, Zachary
October 3, 2010

Family...for better or worse, we are joined by genes that are not controlled nor selected.  For the past seven years, I have searched for "who I am" and "why I am the way I am."  The journey has not been for the faint of heart and my journey has taken me through years and miles of digging through ancestry files and interviewing relatives and friends who have been kind enough to share their perceptions of my mother's and father's family as well as my own life.  Friends have encouraged me to write a book; however, to do so could be hurtful to those still alive and I choose not to do that.  "Vengeance is mine says the Lord" and I believe Him.  My only purpose is to share my life's journey in hoping that it will encourage another human being.  I hold out my hand for those who want to walk with me as I share my story.

Since this is my first post, it will be short because I need time to decide whether to write in "snapshots" or whether to attempt to put life in more of a yearly order.  For those of you who have suffered from childhood trauma know that the mind stores information but not necessarily specific dates.

I wish you a great Sunday...the sun is shining...the birds are chirping...and, I have miles to go before I sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Mom - I can't wait to read your blog. You are such a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a great way for you to share with family and friends what you have learned from them and in turn permit us (your readers) to learn from you. Great idea.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete