Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi


"My" Chair at the Little Casa


Good Afternoon!  Welcome to my world!

 

I just talked with my daughter, Jane, and she always is an encourager.  I admire her for the woman she has become.  She and Tim have a great marriage and work together in parenting Madison and Katrina.  I know as parents we always love our children, but, I really "like" Jane.

 

 I don't know why, but it's always been important for me to have a comfy chair where I can wool gather and read.  The little casa has been designed with a Country English flavor...thus, I have lots of animal pillows and critters to add lots of character plus "my chair"!  I hear about many guys who have "their" chairs and I TOTALLY understand!

 

Several weeks ago, my son gave me a copy of this prayer.  For years I had kept a copy of this prayer in my Bible.  It has helped me so much when I had been hurt by evil people or just people lacking grace.  I've been reading it regularly again.  I hope that my readers find it uplifting and comforting.

 

                                         Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

 

Lord make me an instrument of your peace.  Where there is hatred let me sow love; where where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. 


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.  For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen

I am reading the book THE GAME OF LIFE & THE SECRET DOOR TO SUCCESS by Florence Scovel Shinn.  It's one of those take what you can use and leave the rest books; however, I am learning a lot and that "a lot" has to do with the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.  Our minds are so powerful and our tongues such a big part of what we get out of life.  If you think about something long enough, chances are, it will come to pass.  I worked with a lady by the name of Renee who was a strong Christian.  She would say out loud.  "I accept those words" or she might say "I don't accept those words."  She taught me much about the power of thought and words.


I will soon be off to Mardels to get some all occasion cards, pick up my church family listing and concentrate on doing something to offer encouragement to my fellow Christian brothers and sisters.  I am excited.  Since I have been disabled, I have felt so lost...I am finally getting back in the saddle and filling my daytimer with something besides doctor visits.  I've never been a member of a Southern Baptist Church where they have church on Wednesday nights but it sounds like they have a lot of comradery and fun.  It's also time for a photo shoot at the Hooper Ranch next week and a visit with friend, Mary!



Toby is loving the new cool weather....he loves his sweaters and thinks he looks pretty spiffy.  He's going with me today and that will really make his day.  He's so small, I can take him most anywhere and he loves all that attention he gets.

It is really chilly here in North Texas today.  I dug out my sweats and am still chilled...Feels good though..supposed to get some sunshine this afternoon!

Blessings to you all...and most of all, my the peace of God surpass all understanding.  You all are loved! 







1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwww; you brought tears to my eyes and a smile in my heart. I like you too! ;0)

    ReplyDelete