Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Journey to Christmas 2010

Good Morning Readers!  I hope that you all are having a wonderful Sunday.  Countdown continues to Christmas!!  I walked out this morning and took a deep breath of fresh air.  I am TOTALLY in the Christmas mood.  I decided not to do lights on the front of the house this year; however, I am thinking that I need some around the back porch.  It just seems fitting to think about the chiminea flaming with pinion wood and me bundled up on the settee surrounded by lights.  My Scottie, Sadie, loves the cold weather  and snuggling with me!  I’m such a romantic sap!!  I’m going to try talking Michael into a carriage ride downtown  before it gets too cold!  There’s something magical about the clippity clop of the horses and a driver spilling over with Christmas spirit!

My 40 Days of Prayer book arrived; however, Michael ordered the wrong book so I will wait a little longer to start.  With all the crazy things going on in my life, I wonder if there is anything that will happen in a timely manner.  I am learning to refine my patience!!
Yesterday, we went out on the town to do a little birthday and Christmas shopping.  I just love to find quaint little shops that specialize in unique gifts.  There is a gentleman by the name of Mark Roberts that makes the most wonderful Santas, Fairies, and Elves.  I had discovered this little gift shop some months ago and we headed into the city.   Michael opened the door to the shop and I felt like I was in Christmas heaven.  I’m not a bling, bling lady but all the ornaments from around the world, the Department 56 homes and accessories, Santas, Fairies, Elves and other gift items could get me there in a hurry!  :o)
My youngest grandson will be five years old this week.  I can’t believe it … it seems like yesterday that he was born.  I can look back and see Angie holding Nicholas, sitting in a chair by the fire on Christmas Eve.  Oh goodness…so many wonderful memories!  That was another special Christmas.  What a precious child Nicholas is … his brown eyes and curly hair make him seem almost angelic.  Saint Nicholas often fits him!  Nicholas is a helper ... he loves tools, vacuum cleaners, mops, folding clothes ... anything to serve!  He brings such joy to his family!


I could live outdoors year around.  The best thing we did when we built this house was to add the covered back porch.  It is a place to cozy up in and enjoy my own little Eden!  I put a little village on the table out there ... the good news is that every time I go outside the little village makes me smile.  The bad news is that the wind blows the snow flakes off the table and I need to replenish the snow every few days!

This morning I have a fire going in the fireplace.  It is so warm and inviting.  I read 2 Timothy, another of Paul's letters plus another chapter in THE POWER OF PRAYING FOR YOUR ADULT CHILDREN.  I understand why Christians say the the word of God comes alive.  Each year, different verses jump out at me.  Today's readings had so much wisdom.  We can get wisdom from others BUT there is no substitute for reading God's word for ourselves!!  "...You know what I believe and the way I live and what I want.  You know my faith in Christ and how I have suffered.  You know my love for you, and my patience."~~2 Timothy 3:10  How have I survived?  "...the Lord delivered me." ~~ 2 Timothy 3:11  Reading through the Bible in a year helps center me and keep me on track.


Today will be a quiet day...My body is struggling with Fibromyalgia brought on by the stress of ... well, all the happenings of the past few weeks.  I am grateful that I have Christmas to focus on ... the birth of the man who saved me and lifted me up that I might be His messenger in all areas of life.  The Cowboys are playing this afternoon ... I know there will be some roof raising cheering going on at a house in Florida and at our house too.  I've never been much  of a sports' person; however, if I can be at a game in the midst of the crowd, I am in pig heaven.  Lately, I've  learned to enjoy sports on TV when the Texas Rangers did so well; love to cheer for the New Orleans Saints; and, of course, how could I not cheer on the Dallas Cowboys.  I love seeing the underdogs become winners!

  Go Cowboys!!


Think I will join my sleepy Yorkie-Poo, Toby, on the sofa for a nice nap!!  May all your dreams come true this Christmas...and, may your journey include the one who made Christmas so grand!!







Remember, tis the season to be jolly!  Take care and enjoy the journey to Christmas 2010!!  You are loved ...
YA YOU!!





I







1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! Go Cowboys!! I think God heard the prayers of the Dallas folks... Jason Garrett is doing a fantastic job. Enjoy your 40 days..even if it is with the 'wrong' book....you never know; maybe it's the right book. Have a fantastic day :0)

    ReplyDelete