Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Words I Would Say...

It's a great day in the Lone Star State!  Rain has come in mists and torrents ... it doesn't matter which because we've really needed the rain.  Besides, it makes my Winter gardens sing!!  The leaves are almost gone on the trees except for these spiny little balls that hang off the Sweet Gum trees.  Guess I will have Christmas a bit longer as these balls remind me of ornaments.  I just love walking around my gardens checking out their well-being.  Something seems to change with every walk.  I am an outdoor person who would be perfectly content living in a cabin in the woods by a lake.  Oh heaven on earth!!




A couple weeks ago, my son came for a visit and I gave him his birthday and Christmas presents as well as my Christmas letter to him.  It was one of those visits that all mothers cherish when they truly connect with their children.  This morning Tommy emailed me The Words I Would Say sung by the Sidewalk Profits.  He said that he could hear me singing it to him.  I listened to it on U Tube & I must say it did touch my heart.  I am quite a sentimental old sap so by saying it touched my heart meant that I had tears rolling down my face.  I am going to try to add it to my blog...  Computers are not my specialty so it takes me awhile to get something down pat.  I hope that it will touch your heart as it did mine.

I have been sleeping way too much and talked with my health coach this morning.  She gave me some welcome information on dealing with Fibromyalgia, pain and sleep.  As many people with Fibromyalgia, I think I am getting my days and nights mixed up.  I love my talks with her and feel so refreshed when we end our conversations.  I thought about my oldest daughter, Jill.  Jill loved to sleep...when she knew she had to get up for school, she would literally fling herself out of bed and on to the floor.  I used to stand in the door of her bedroom and watch ... it really was comical and suited her free spirited personality.  Now that it's been cold, I snuggle down in my flannel sheets and just want to cuddle up and go back to sleep when I wake up around 7:30am!  That's a problem being disabled, I don't have to get up and I give in to my feelings.  I need more focus and purpose in life...something to look forward to!  2011 is just around the corner which is always a good time to make a "to do" list AND find an accountability partner.  If I don't do that, I fail miserably.

I am on Day 15 of my 40 days of prayer ... Faith Comes by Hearing.  Where my faith came from I'm not sure because it's always been at the forefront of my life and a part of my spiritual growth over the years.  I was learning Bible verses at 4 and although there have been times in my life that I have drifted away from God, something has always brought me back.  One thing that I do know is that going to church and taking a pastor's word for a Bible verse isn't the same as reading the Bible for myself.  Kinda stupid to follow someone you don't know.  From the time I was tiny, God's Word was deposited into my heart and in tough times, it was Him that ultimately protected and provided for me.  I am uplifted when I go to church to worship with fellow believers.  I am uplifted when I pray and study the Bible.  I am not a Lone Ranger and found wisdom and love by having that demonstrated to me by friends and family members.  Seems like every season of my life, God places someone new in it to enlighten and help me grow.  I am so grateful for those people.  Are there angels amongst us?  You bet!


My son and his family are coming over Saturday morning for a post Christmas breakfast.  I asked that they come in their jammies so we can have a nice relaxing morning.  Zachary and Nicholas have had the stomach flu twice in the past few weeks ... I haven't had my flu shot this year so I am hoping to escape the dreaded sitting on the throne with a pail between my legs.  Ughhhh...  After they leave, I will begin taking down the Christmas decorations.  The house always seems so bare with all the glitz and glitter put away.


I can't believe that 2010 is nearly gone.  I wonder what 2011 will bring?  A New Year and a New Slate to write on that's what!!  I am filled with the joy of life and hope that you will join me next year on my road to wholeness!  God bless you all and remember ... you are loved and prayed for ... YA YOU!!  Honest!

1 comment:

  1. God has got his hand on you...these are the words I would say...love the lyrics.

    Once again- tearing up....

    ReplyDelete