Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Day of Quiet

October 18, 2012
 
Good Morning, Readers!!  It's chilly here in Central Texas this morning.  It was supposed to get down into the forties but I don't think it did ... it was warm enough to have coffee with Michael on the patio this morning.  The sun is just starting to come out ... the trees are still ... Mr. Squirrel is the only one busy this early.  I've come to thoroughly enjoy watching him through the french doors of the cottage.
 
In prayer a couple nights ago, I was led to spend some time praying, reading, and meditating.  The quietness of the cottage enables me to do just that.  I was thinking that I needed to bring my Bose radio out here but then, I remembered the quiet times when I went on my Walk to Emmaus.  We had periods of complete silence and prayer.  We responded to sounds of bells instead of voices.  What an amazing experience that was.
 
Looking back, I was so fortunate to have people in my life that were strong Christian ambassadors.  My boss at the time sponsored me to go on the walk.  Thank you to Bill P and his wife, Ivey.  Ivey was one of the speakers and she touched my heart and prepared me for a trial I would go through years later with my daughter.

When I was cleaning up after the garage sale, I wondered what I was going to do with my forest tree.  I decided that I would put it in the cottage and decorate it for fall.  I made a trip to Walmart to get some raffia, piks of autumn leaves, and other Fall type decorations.  In a matter of minutes, I had a fun Autumn tree to enjoy!  When Michael got home, we sat in the cottage laughing about the different things I put on the tree ... he smiled at me ... "Only you could put together something so fun!"  The only thing I regret is not putting some lights on the tree ... but then, it wouldn't be a forest tree would it!!??

I am reading the book of Matthew today.  When we feel like we are in the dark, we look for light.  God wants to give us light so we can find our way to him and a fulfilled life.  Like the disciples who were asked in Matthew 4:19, "Come with me!", we all have that option.  We are to drop what we're doing of a sin nature and follow him.  I am meditating on that for today.  What am I doing that is displeasing to my Lord and how do I walk forward in light... 

It is my hope and prayer that you, my Readers, will be blessed beyond blessed this day.  You will be lifted in prayer and sent love for sure!!

Miss Dottie

PS  I walk through my gardens and hear His calling...  "Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven.  Only the ones who obey my father in heaven will get in."~~Matthew 7:21







1 comment:

  1. Your creativity really shows through your blogs, decorating abilities, and gardens. I want to jump right through the computer so we can share a cup of coffee in the cottage. The house is now officially a home...just beautiful!

    Yes, I am very blessed--today I enjoyed a 5 mile walk with 2 friends, lunch with my daughter at her school, texts from family, and a sense of peace and joy. Why focus on the negative when there is so much positive surrounding me?!

    XXOO~
    Jane

    ReplyDelete